1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Roamio streaming

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by zamo, Aug 31, 2013.

1. zamo

zamo New Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Hi all,

Current premiere owner here, but highly interested in upgrading to the roamio. I had a couple questions about the streaming capabilities.

1. I know it's possible for all iOS devices, but is it possible to connect one of these devices to a TV via HDMI (and a digital AV adapter with an iPad for example)?

2. Any idea if the streaming will be rolled out to PC/Mac anytime soon much like the slingbox can do?

I want my son who is in college in another state to be able to watch our local NFL team without paying the hefty price for Sunday Ticket - any knowledge on this would be much appreciated, thanks!

2. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    The IOS apps don't allow HDMI out with streaming unless something has changed.

There are some rumors of a new TiVo Desktop in the works, but no real details. It could possibly support streaming, but no way to know.

Unfortunately there is no real easy way to do what you want without a sling at this time.

3. HarperVision

HarperVision TiVo's Italian Cuz!

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    I've heard if you jailbreak the iPad it will work. Also, a decent alternative to the Slingbox is a Vulkano by Monsoon Multimedia. It's not quite as polished as a Slingbox, but the streaming, at least for me, works quite well. I have both and they're about the same. I actually picked up a Vulkano Flow on clearance for $49 at my local radio shack, so you may want to check there if interested.

4. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    I've talked to a few at Tivo that said updates are coming to allow us to view recorded media from our Tivo Romeo off network on an iPad for example (streaming) and not having to transfer it using Tivo 2 go or Tivo desktop...

5. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Right which Mossberg also talked about in his review. TiVo is still working out their adaptive streaming. It won't do what he wants most likely since it probably still won't support HDMI out while streaming.