1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about IFC HD channel

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by headless chicken, Jul 13, 2013.

1. headless chicken

headless chicken Member

Oct 8, 2004
    I'm considering upgrading my channel package (if only for a day or two) because Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers is showing on IFC tomorrow. What I'd like to know from someone who receives the IFC channel is, des the IFC HD have a watermark/logo in the corner of the screen?

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    Not only that, but nowadays they have commercials. They don't censor, though, which is an unusual combo.

3. headless chicken

headless chicken Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Commercials? Seriously? What a disappointment. That's why I never bothered to record Lord of the Rings when it aired on TNT or FX. I thought IFC was commercial-free like any other premium cable channel.

Tomorrow's LotR airing clocks in at 3hrs 45min, while IMDb indicates the unextended cut of the film is 3hrs. Either IFC is airing the 3hr 43 min version or more likely it's just the regular cut with commercials.

Luckily I have the third film on my Tivo from it's airing on Starz/Encore, but I've been waiting forever for the first two to reair on HBO or Showtime. :(

4. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    You really want it, but the blu ray. It is beautiful.

5. headless chicken

headless chicken Member

Oct 8, 2004
    No BluRay player as of now, other than my PS3 which is hooked up to a different TV. If I want to see a movie in HD, it has to be viewed through my S3. Second best option is my OPPO upconverting DVD player.