1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

qam on series2

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jesjchap, Sep 29, 2012.

1. jesjchap

jesjchap New Member

Sep 29, 2012
    i recently decided to cut off my cable. hoping to save money. i want to get my local channels but it seems that i am out of range for over the air. i have a qam tuner on my tv and knology is the local cable provider. is the any way to get the qam channels on my tivo?

2. ggieseke

ggieseke Active Member

May 30, 2008
    Get a cable box from knology and let your Series 2 control it with the IR blaster cable.

3. lillevig

lillevig Hot in West Texas

Dec 6, 2010
    San Angelo, TX
    As was mentioned, the only way to do that on an S2 is with a cable box. The S2 can only tune analog channels on its own.

4. jesjchap

jesjchap New Member

Sep 29, 2012
    can i use an aftermarket tuner? will i be able to get guide info?

5. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    If knology is all digital, you will need at least a DTA. If it still has analog channels, a TiVo 2 should be able to access them. No HD, but you can't get HD on a TiVo 2 anyway.

6. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    there is no after market QAM tuner that works with cable. Except for new Tivo's

7. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    How can you discontinue your cable subscription and try to get local channels on it at the same time?

If you actually want over the air channels on that S2, you need to see if there are any coupon boxes that can be controlled by the IR ouput of the TiVo.