1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pyTivox not streaming entire program

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by johngraser, Apr 16, 2012.

1. johngraser

johngraser New Member

Mar 22, 2010
    When I record a show with EyeTV, I transfer it to the Series 3 box using pyTivox. This has worked every time in the past. Now, I only get half of an hour long show transferred. EyeTV shows a recording length of 1:04, but only 25 minutes of the show gets transferred. Any idea what's up? pyTivox version 1.4.1b.

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    Bad recording, I assume.

3. johngraser

johngraser New Member

Mar 22, 2010
    It's happened to me twice now, both time recording the same channel, if that's any help. I also can watch the entire show on my computer and it's full length, so it's not a bad recording.

4. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    Let me rephrase that: A bad recording as far as the TiVo is concerned. It doesn't really matter that you can watch it on your computer. The TiVo is more picky.

I'm also assuming that these are MPEG-2 recordings that pyTivo is attempting to transfer without reencoding. In that case, you can force reencoding (and hopefully get something that the TiVo is happy with), by adding a metadata line like "Override_vCodec: foo".

5. johngraser

johngraser New Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Thanks for the info. How do I add a metadata line? Also, I have Toast Titanium and can re-encode it as mpeg4, H.264, DV or HDV format. Will any of these work?

6. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    Metadata files... if your movie is named filename.mpg, then the corresponding metadata file will be filename.mpg.txt. It's just a text file; you can make it with TextEdit. (Save as Plain Text, not Rich Text.) That line is the only line you need.

I wouldn't bother with reencoding it yourself; pyTivo knows how to do that. But h.264 is usable, if you use the "push" method to send it, from pyTivo's web interface. The other formats would just be reencoded by pyTivo anyway.