1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pytivo YouTube Plug-In

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by AudioNutz, Mar 25, 2013.

1. AudioNutz

AudioNutz New Member

Nov 9, 2008
    I searched around a bit, but didn't see the answer, so I thought I'd ask the question.

I'm a long-time user of pytivo. Many years on the Mac, a few months on the PeeCee.

Has anyone had any luck with the "pytivo YouTube Plug-In"? I know it's not part of pytivo, but rather an open source project of it's own. I tried it some time ago on the Mac side, and just thought maybe it wasn't Mac friendly, and gave up.

Now I have switched my pytivo to run on PeeCee, (months ago) and I'm still unable to get this Plug-In to work. I placed the software pieces in the correct location, change my conf file, and re-start pytivo.

Again... Has anyone had any luck? It sure would be nice to have.

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    If anything, it would be more Mac-friendly. One of the reasons I gave up on it was the difficulty of getting it to work in Windows.

Anyway, yeah, it's a long time since I even thought about it. I'm sure it's way out of sync with current pyTivo.

3. AudioNutz

AudioNutz New Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Hmmm, that was 25% of my reason for switching this process to PeeCee. I'm glad I asked before using a ton of time.

Any suggestions for "Jiggling the Handle" on this appliance? Do I need to turn anything on in my (Series 2) TiVo's?