1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Breaking News - Word is the sale is coming back... "Our “once in a lifetime” PLS promotion was such a hit, that we’ve decided to launch it again! It will be announced today that the PLS Transfer Sale will be available again for the last 3 days of the month. This will include the BOLT+ 3TB, and 4 refurb units (BOLT 500GB, BOLT 1T, Roamio Pro and the TiVo Mini)."

pyTivo & Ubuntu 16.04 installation

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Spl7, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Spl7

Spl7 New Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Im running Ubuntu 16.04, 64 bit both on my laptop, as well as a dedicated media server. I'm trying to install pyTivo, but can't find instructions. The last one is for ubuntu 14, and I fail to apt-get most of those libraries listed. Anyone have instructions that are current?

I already have the multiverse, vlc, handbrake, ffmpeg, and vobcopy installed and working. Just can't figure out pyTivo. Currently, the web app says "connection reset"

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    From my testing Ubuntu has python built in, so all you have to do is open a command window, cd to the pyTiVo install directory and type...

python pytivo.py

After that launch a browser and go to...

http://localhost:9032

You will presented with a UI for setting up the various options needed to get your shares set up.

Mikeguy likes this.