I'm not sure if it will solve all the issue's I'm seeing, but I have decided that it;s time to update my pytivo. I notice that in the current version of transcode.py, the regular expression that parses out the video codec now stops when it sees a comma or a space - it used to only look for the comma. With this, my version of ffmpeg will yield a vCodec value of 'h264' which will satisfy the test. I'll let you know how it goes. I also noticed that the tivo itself (mine are series 3's) is rather sensitive to the video characteristics. I had cut down the frame size, and left the frame rate at 59+ fps. I transcoded the video back to full size frames and changed the frame rate to 29.97. It seems to be working now. Now I have to solve the issue of qtfaststart not handling files that are larger that 4G. I noticed in the update of pytivo that there is a new version of qtfaststart.py. Tomorrow I'll see if this solves this issue.