1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pytivo on a WD My Book Live?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by johnfarmer55, Oct 1, 2012.

1. johnfarmer55

johnfarmer55 New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    I've searched everywhere for a few days and I haven't found any good info on weather this is doable and if so, how to do it. I just got the NAS a few days ago, it's the 3tb version. I'm wanting to push movies to my premiere... Thanks for any help!
  2. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    I'm not a pyTiVo user yet, but maybe these links and the thread bump will be helpful.

This review at Anandtech says

The GPL Source Code can be downloaded from WD.
  3. johnfarmer55

johnfarmer55 New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Ok, so here's a quick update:

I did an apt-get upgrade to make sure python was on there. I downloaded the latest version of pytivo and unzipped it in /usr/local/pytivo. I can run "python pyTivo.py &" to test it and I can see it from any browser. I push & pull to the tivo. I'm still having some issues pulling video from the tivo but that's a secondary goal.

My only question now is how do I have the NAS start pytivo automatically on startup? I'm not too familiar with init.d yet... Thanks!
  4. lrhorer

lrhorer New Member

Aug 31, 2003
    Why don't you jump on over to this thread. Read through the sections on System V init scripts. Ask questions. Enjoy.