1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PyTivo issue - bottom inch missing

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by rambler, Nov 21, 2012.

1. rambler

rambler Member

Dec 3, 2005
    Love PyTivo, been using it for years. At this time, my problem is the bottom inch or so is cut off when watching a full screen avi on a full screen tv. It has never been an issue but on this avi the hard burned captions are low, and when viewed on the tv they are mostly cut off. On the PC it's perfect. I can't raise the captions higher.

Is there a way PyTivo settings can be tweaked so i am able to see everything? Thanks!

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    The simplest thing would be to turn off overscan on your TV, if it has that option. It may not be labelled that. On my new Vizio, for example, it's under "Wide", which pulls up a "Screen Mode" menu, with "Wide" being the overscan mode, and "Normal" being the "exact" mode, where all of the video is displayed.

There is currently no way to tell pyTivo to pad for overscan, although it could be done.

3. rambler

rambler Member

Dec 3, 2005
    This is a 20 year old tv with no way to do that unfortunately. But thanks.

4. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    Oh... so when you say "full screen", you mean 4:3? What type of TiVo?

5. rambler

rambler Member

Dec 3, 2005
    Yes the TV is a 4:3 crt. The tivo is an old Humax series 2 with built in dvd player/recorder.

6. rambler

rambler Member

Dec 3, 2005
    I wound up using software to raise the captions higher.