1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pyTivo error code 400 when downloading

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Bob Lee, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Bob Lee

Bob Lee Member

May 14, 2000
    Oakland,...
    All of a sudden I can no longer download any video content via pyTivo...each time I try now I receive an "Error - 400" message. This just started happening today, as I downloaded a bunch of shows yesterday with no problems. It looks like there was a Tivo update which occurred today to enable "Flingo", so I was wondering if this might have something to do with the problem. Anyone else experience this and/or can help me debug the issue? It happens with pyTivo running under either Mac/OS or Windows. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

2. Bruzer

Bruzer New Member

Jul 8, 2005
    Corvallis, OR
    I've been struggling with the same issue! I'm new to pyTivo, so I haven't tried any transfers until today. I've tried to do all kinds of things (open firewall ports, add settings to pytivo.conf), but nothing seems to work. I can see the NPL for both of my TiVos, but get the "Error - 400" message when I try to do a transfer. I even tried TiVo Desktop and was unable to do transfers with that software.

Any help would be appreciated :)

3. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    I expect this will be fixed promptly, so I'll give it the rest of the day or so. If it's not fixed by then, I'll break pyTivo so it works. :p

4. msmart

msmart New Member

Jan 2, 2007
    I thought about using pyTivo to pull files after seeing the TD transfer problem threads. Guess I'll just have to sit tight for a little while. I too expect it to be fixed shortly.

5. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
  6. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    So, I tried forcing the daily call, and then rebooting. No fix yet. <sigh> Guess I gotta get on it, then...

7. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    OK, a workaround is in my repos now.

8. markmarz

markmarz Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Chicago, IL
  9. judyn

judyn New Member

Feb 26, 2009
    VideoReDo will not function with an incorrect system date/time. -- Edit - that seems to be incorrect. I just had to restart VideoReDo.

10. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    No one need be using incorrect system dates *shudder*, at least not for pyTivo. Just update to my latest version.

11. judyn

judyn New Member

Feb 26, 2009
    OK! Got it done! Warning to others, don't try to just update your old pytivo with changes to togo.py. After I finally reinstalled everything (which wasn't too bad -- much improvement in the instructions and procedures!) all is now well and my date/time is correct.

I can't believe what a wonderful community this is. A fix to Tivo Desktop is available as well now (my husband uses Tivo Desktop) and my computers are up and running with PyTIvo.

No thanks to Tivo themselves. OK, it is a weekend, but what were you thinking? The end of the world would come before Valentine's Day in 2013?

Thank goodness I didn't waste much time trying to figure out what went wrong. I immediately did a search because we hadn't done anything to our systems and found out what was going on. This is nothing I could help with, but others could and did!

I love my Tivos and I love PyTivo and I love being able to watch what I want when I want and where I want.

Thanks again!

Judy

12. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Perhaps all of the TiVo programmers were Mayan?

13. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Use the sledgehammer. ;)

14. timckelley

timckelley TCFer

Oct 15, 2002
    Austin, TX
    This is happen to me now to, and I don't use kmttg. So it sounds like the recommended solution is to reinstall pyTivo then. Where exactly is it located? I hope I can remember how to install it, as I remember I had some trouble the first time figuring out how to install it.

15. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
  16. gonzotek

gonzotek tivo_xml developer

Sep 24, 2004
    Outside...
    And if you've been using pyTivo and want to continue, you can find directions on how to install here:
    http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/PyTivo#Installation

To upgrade, it's generally safe to extract the compressed pytivo package over top of the existing installation, provided you stop the pytivo server first.

If you have trouble following the wiki, let people know which OS install directions you're using and which steps are hanging you up. I've been working on improving the windows version of late.

17. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    Safe unless you're running Win7 or Win8 and your install folder is in the Program Files (or Program Files (x86)) folder tree, in which case Windows is likely to fool you into thinking it replaced the existing files, when it actually didn't. This occurs even if you're running in an admin account.

In that case the safe way is to delete all the pyTivo files except those you need to keep (e.g., pytivo.conf and ffmpeg.exe) before doing the extraction.

Which is why I don't install pyTivo in that folder tree.

18. gonzotek

gonzotek tivo_xml developer

Sep 24, 2004
    Outside...
    The windows install directions in the wiki have recommended for some time against putting it in program files or program files(x86) because of pytivo.conf issues. I've just updated them to note issues with upgrading as well.