1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pyTiVo - Aspect ratio wrong on display

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by mvalpreda, Jul 29, 2012.

1. mvalpreda

mvalpreda Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Having a bit of an issue with pyTiVo and aspect ratios on my Premieres.

I have 16:9 files and everything transfers fine, but I need to put the TiVo into ZOOM (stretch horizontally and vertically) in order to view it properly. FULL is stretched horizontally and PANEL is the correct aspect, just with black bars all the way around.

I swear this used to work perfect on my TiVo HDs before I upgraded. I'm also not sure if moving pyTiVo to a new server has made a difference. I am using the same config file I did before.

Here is my current config:
    [_tivo_SD]
    height = 720
    width = 1280

[handlers]
    keys = console,rotfile

[Admin]
    type = admin

[BIMOTA]
    force_alpha = True
    type = video
    path = d:\movies

[Server]
    port = 9032
    temp = C:\Users\Public\Documents\pyTivo
    ffmpeg = C:\Program Files\pyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe

[_tivo_HD]
    height = 720
    width = 1280

[formatters]
    keys = basicform

I have tried with "aspect169 = true" with the same result.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Try without the 'height' and 'width' lines under the [Tivo_SD] and [Tivo_HD]. I do not have those under them and simply left them empty.

3. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    I agree that you should get rid of those lines, but you have a more fundamental problem. I think you're running an antique version of pyTivo that doesn't know about the Premiere, and consequently, treats it as though it were a Series 2. (It knew about the THD much earlier.)

4. mvalpreda

mvalpreda Member

Nov 12, 2007
  5. mvalpreda

mvalpreda Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Stopped the service, replaced the directory with the ZIP file, removed the lines from the config and started the service. Now the video looks good! If I cycle through with the Zoom button, nothing happens....which I would expect. :)

I was using a version from 2009.

Thanks!

6. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    Unbelievable! And it didn't occur to you this might make a difference or would be good to mention in your first post? :D

(IIRC, the Premiere didn't even exist yet in 2009)

7. lrhorer

lrhorer New Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    Shame on William for not anticipating every possible future development by TiVo! :eek: