1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pytivo and streaming? Also streambaby metadata?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by rboutin2, Jul 16, 2013.

1. rboutin2

rboutin2 New Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Can pytivo stream videos to my premiere or only copy? I am using win 7 ultimate. If so, instructions on how?

Also, i was using streambaby, but whenever i add metadata using metagenerator, it hangs up on "Please wait" when i try to load a video, then crashes and says app is unavailable. If i remove the metadata it works perfect. I can have the cover art, just not the info. Any suggestions?

2. jcthorne

jcthorne Active Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    pytivo copies. But, it does so fast enough that you can start watching as soon as the transfer starts. End result is the only real difference is you must delete the recording when you are finished with it.

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    For videos that are in already compatible format that don't need transcoding kmttg has a "pyTivo stream" button under FILES tab that can be used that launches TiVoCast HME app and uses pyTivo as a video server. This gives you unlimited size streaming unlike streambaby that has the 1.1GB file size limit after which it must re-buffer. It doesn't have the convenience to remember where you left off though if you stop watching, and doesn't handle any files that require transcoding of any kind, so very limited usefulness.