TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Puerto Rico Onelink Lineup Problem

29K views 81 replies 19 participants last post by  Impulses 
#1 ·
Is everyone with Onelink in Puerto Rico having issues with their channels 2-99? My TiVo thinks that Onelink changed all channels 2-99 to channels 802-899. So I have no programming info for channels 2-99, where the shows are actually playing, while my TiVo records a black screen on channels 802-899. Does anybody know what's going on? How can we let TiVo know that the lineup hasn't changed? Or does TiVo know something I don't about Onelink changing its lineup in the near future?

#5 ·
It's still screwed up over here, I just forced a channel re-scan to see if it fixes anything... So annoying, missing Bones because of it, and now I can't manually set my other recordings for tonight because it's scanning. It just now started finding some channels at around 50% (57% and 21 channels now). I've never seen it screw up a lineup in such a big way, I'd love to know if this is primarily Onelink's fault or what... As it is I've been thinking about switching to DirecTV anyway, I love TiVo but Onelink's anemic HD lineup is wearing on me.

#6 ·
It's not even remotely fixed here. I'm in Guaynabo, every single channel is still un-identified or supposedly in the 800-range according to the guide... I'm actually receiving some cable channels twice, once in their original channel and once in the 800-range. It's completely impossible to manage recordings like this since all data for 1-68 is gone. I could actually forgive this royal screw up if they were adding some HD channels worth a darn, but if they're just shuffling stuff around they sure could've picked a better time to do it (like not in primetime, or in the middle of he NBA playoffs, etc).

Edit: Ooops, in my desperation I just noticed this is a month old thread, weird, the problem is presenting itself exactly the same for me today (in April). Who do I have to call to get this addressed? I'm at a loss...

#7 ·
Basically it looks like they've added an 800 to every single basic cable channel within the programming data... They're all shifted up in there along w/the lineup info even none of the channels have really moved at all. I'm seeing a scant few of the channels being broadcast twice (once on it's original channel and once somewhere in the 800 range, tho not where it's labeled, SyFy for one) but it's just like 2-3.

Wish they'd fix it already, is Onelink actually planning to move these channels and the lineup info just changed ahead of time or is it just one big snafu? How'd it get fixed for you guys last month, the TiVo just pulled in fixed programming info eventually or what? I'm just wondering if maybe I need to finally break down and pick up a CableCard to fix this or something...

I don't mind paying for it, heck I'm pretty sure I'm already paying for the digital lineup even though I'm not using it, I even have the box stashed somewhere in the house... I never bothered with it because hooking it in between the TiVo and the TV seemed cumbersome and there's only one or two channels I was interested in beyond the basic.

Is there any chance it's TiVo or their lineup provider that screwed up the programming info? I just wanna know who to call to complain...

#8 ·
#9 ·
Thank you ggieseke!

My father is having this same issue. I went to zap2it and noticed that they have two listings for One Link Communications One says "San Juan" and the other "San Juan, PR". The one that just reads "San Juan" only have channels from 800-899. The one that reads "San Juan, PR" has the regular lineup.

It seems to me that there are two lineups with the same names and it's creating havoc for Tivo. My father just re-ran guided setup and it is only pulling the lineup that starts at channel 800.

I will use the link provided by ggieseke to report the issue to Tivo.

#11 ·
Request a refund from Tivo for each month this issue occurred.
It's not Tivo's fault, especially if a correct lineup was available. Crap like this happens when cable companies make large-scale changes, especially where the head end coverage doesn't exactly match the zip codes on a map. TMS usually creates multiple lineups to handle the situation.

I should also add that it's a good idea to check neighboring zip codes if yours doesn't have a lineup that matches the transition.

#12 ·
I'm also having the same issues with the 2-99 to 802-899 lineup change. This started on 4/28. I've had a couple of "chats" with Tivo support and basically they said it is now up to OneLink to fix the lineup issue and suggested I contact them directly. Well I just got off the phone with them (over and hour long wait to finally speak to a supervisor). Bottom line is that they are aware of this issue and that they are installing a "dta" box for basic service subscribers that will allow them to tune into 802-899.

I've done a little experimentation with my Tivo box and this is what I've found:

1 - The box is capable of getting the 800 channels, the thing is in my case that they are somehow "shifted". So I tried going down a little and figured out that channel's 2 signal shows up on channel 770, channel 3 is on 771, etc. Problem is this renders the programming useless because Tivo still thinks channel 2 is on 802.

2 - I explained this to Tivo support but they said there is no way to "fool" the box into re-mapping the channels.

3 - I explained this to the Onelink customer rep supervisor and he said that I would still need the "new DTA box" to get these channels, and get this, it will be free for the first year but there will be a cost after that period.

4 - I told the Onelink rep that the Tivo box seems to be able to "act" as this DTA box (except for the lineup shifting) and that I did not see why I would need to incur in an additional expense. The answer was that basically this is the way its going to be.

So right now I guess there is no quick solution for this.

#14 ·
Thank you ggieseke!

My father is having this same issue. I went to zap2it and noticed that they have two listings for One Link Communications One says "San Juan" and the other "San Juan, PR". The one that just reads "San Juan" only have channels from 800-899. The one that reads "San Juan, PR" has the regular lineup.

It seems to me that there are two lineups with the same names and it's creating havoc for Tivo. My father just re-ran guided setup and it is only pulling the lineup that starts at channel 800.

I will use the link provided by ggieseke to report the issue to Tivo.
fabianro I'm trying to do the same but can't is only gave me onelink alternative and not San Juan, PR.

#15 ·
I am also having the same problem. Started on 4/28. The problem seems to be Tivo's fault??? I can see all the original channels fine (2-99) if I manually enter them on the Tivo remote, the only problem is the lack of programming info to be able to record on those channels.

I called Onelink customer service and they also told me that I now needed a DTA box, and that they would call me for an appointment "either next week or the week after". Tivo on the other hand told me that they were aware of the problem, that they would contact Onelink to get the correct channel info and that they would fix it by tuesday or wednesday of next week.

If anybody is finally able to solve this mystery please let me know.

#16 ·
Yesterday I asked Tivo support if there was a way to manually add channels to my lineup. The answer was no. Well, I don't give up easy and I don't know if this was by accident or by design but here it goes. As you know you can go directly to channels 2-99 by typing the channel number on the remote. Tivo will display in the channel description "To be announced" so it has no idea about the programming in that channel. Last night I "live recorded" programming on Channel 14 "USA" and channel 21 "NBC". This morning I checked my "Now Playing List" to check on these recordings. They show up at the end of the list right above the "recently deleted" folder as Rec:14 7:00pm sat 4/30 and Rec:21 9:00pm Sat 4/30. So then I went to settings to check channels and lo and behold channels 14 and 21 showed up on top of the list (unchecked). I then selected them. So now when I use the channel up and down button, I can go 14, 21 and then it jumps to 802. If I go channel down it goes 802, 21 and 14. So for tonight I had originally planned to record USA's Law&Order CI at 9 and In Plain Sight at 10. So I'm trying the following: I went to Find Programs>record by time/channel>set up manually and I set it up to record channel 14 at 9:00 pm for 2 hours. Will see tonite if it works.

I also want to check if the reason those two channels showed up on my channels list was because of last night's recordings, so right now I started to record channel 44 (A&E). By default it records in 30 min periods. Once the recording is done I'll check if it adds channel 44 as available but unchecked to my lineup same as it did for 14 and 21.

I hope this helps others that are having the same problem I have.

#17 ·
Quick poll for those affected, are you using a CableCard or not? I don't have one and I have nothing or just random channels all thru the 800s, but mostly nothing. My channel guide shows no info for the old 1-99 channels, it's all on the 800s.

NOW, my friend who lives just a few miles away IS getting all the basic channels on the 809s AS WELL as on 1-99. What's more, his program guide contains the correct info for both sets of channels. Same TivoHD, only difference is he has a CableCard and I don't. I'm not sure if that's a factor but I'd rather pony up an extra couple bucks a month for that than another redundant box, frankly I think the service reps recommending that just have no idea how a Tivo works... At least one supervisor (an Angel Lora) seems to think the same way, no clue if he was just blowing smoke or what.

It does seem like they plan to eventually transition the channels up, permanently, from what I was told. I think the DTA box is just the cheapest solution for people who never had any kind of box or DVR to begin with.

I've emailed their so called expert on CableCards (from the long thread here on people figuring out how to acquire them for HD/premium channels) to see if I can figure out whether that's a realistic solution or not.

Let's do this right though, easiest way to diagnose a problem like this is to share info. Where is everyone located and do you have a CableCard or not? I don't, I'm in Guaynabo (Tintillo), 00966, almost at Bayamon really. My friend who does have a CC is somewhere off Los Filtros. I'll have to ask for his zip code to see if maybe using it I can get the same programing info.

#18 ·
Baring that, if the cablecards aren't a solution then the only plausible recourse I see is complaining to TMS as ggieseke mentioned, because OL is just gonna wash it's hands and claim they don't support the Tivo... As they told me several times on the phone today, most of the reps don't have any idea how it works or that they're mandated by law to support it via the CableCards. I'm not sure where the FCC stands on old analog support, that seems to be what they're shifting away from with these chanel moves.

Eventually they WILL stop broadcasting on 1-99, a DTA box would allow you to watch 800+ but I'm not sure how it'd play together with the Tivo, but I don't think they'd work together at all. Y'all might be getting some really inaccurate info from the clueless reps working customer service.

#19 ·
I'm pretty sure it's not Tivo's fault as well btw, it's just OL putting out inaccurate listings during a transition period, what happens after that transition might be more worrisome than ant of this tho... I wouldn't waste much time trying to get channels recognized dcss, it's pointless if you can't tune it (because you need a card/box) or the Tivo doesn't have the programing info for it, you still won't be able to set up recordings automatically or in any intuitive way.

Short term solution is to just set your recordings manually, using the channel and time, like a VCR. To do so, go to "Find Programs" & "Record by Time or Channel". For me, it's a big PITA to do so with the NBA playoffs going on but there's nothing else to do for now... Short of trying other zip codes in setup, which I'll do tomorrow.

#20 ·
Btw, all the old channels will still show up in your Tivo guide if you force a chanel scan and/or select them as channels you receive (Settings/Channel Settings), minus the programing data of course, so if you just want them in there to channel surf by pressing up/down on the remote then check those settings.

#21 ·
Go to www.zap2it.com and enter your zip code. TiVo buys the lineup data from Tribune Media Services, who run that site. If the lineup data is incorrect there you can report it to TiVo at http://www.tivo.com/setupandsupport/contactsupport/lineup_tool.html
Everyone should fill that out if you're not comfortable sharing zip codes or whatever here, and even if you are. Here's what I entered:

" Channels haven't physically changed or moved but ALL programing data and channel descriptions for the basic cable channels (1-99) is missing, correction, it's not missing but has been shifted up to 801-899. It is my understanding that Onelink is going thru some kind of transition but they've screwed it up big time. Most of my 800 channels are blank. I have a TivoHD without Cablecards. My friend who lives just a few miles away has the same Tivo with a Cablecard and he's able to tune his basic cable channels both on 1-99 AND 801-899; what's more, he has the correct programming data showing on both sets of channels. I'm not sure if it's due to the cable card or his location. Same cable co for both of course. "

#22 ·
Impulse, I don't have a cable card, and like you, I also have random channels in the 800's, all mixed up and many channels are missing. I am able to watch the original 1-99 channels but also have no programming info. I'm in San Juan, near Hato Rey. Also my tivo box is not the HD so I can't watch the HD channels at all.

#23 ·
Here's what a knowledgeable person at onelink had to say about the cablecards as a solution...

"El problema no es de nosotros, es de TIVO, ellos son los que proveen la información de la guía interactiva a sus clientes. Entiendo que usted deberá llamar a Tivo y reportar el problema. Disculpe los inconvenientes que esta situación le pudo causar y esperamos pueda resolverlo pronto. De necesitar ayuda adicional puede comunicarse con la que suscribe. Esther Curbelo Representante Front Lobby OneLink Communications"
I've emailed her to ask if Onelink doesn't intend to actually move said channels up to the 800s permanently... Because if they do, then I believe we WILL need the cablecards eventually regardless of any other programming guide issue. If they don't intend to move said channels and it's just an issue with the channel lineup info being fed to Tivo then it very well may be a TMS/Tivo issue.

I'm about to try a different zip code at the www.zap2it.com site and/or during the guided setup to see if I can somehow acquire the correct lineup info that my fiend's Tivo has. I'll report back if I figure anything out.

#24 ·
I'm not near my Tivo right now so I can't test anything... But what I'm seeing at the Zap2it site is this, there's three visible lineup listings for Onelink regardless of which zip code I searched with (my 00966 or my friend's 00969, where he's not having any issues). The first listing says OneLink Communications - Cable (San Juan, PR); this listing shows the correct info for channels 1-100 and even up thru the digital and music channels afterward.

The second listing says OneLink Communications - Cable (San Juan); basically the same minus the PR at the end. Now this listing only shows info for channels 800+, and nothing under that. The last listing says OneLink Communications - Digital (San Juan); no PR and the word Digital instead of Cable. That last listing shows the combined info of both previous listings, 1-1xx as well as 800+.

If this is just a lineup info error, we should all be able to fix it ourselves by re-running the guided setup and switching the listing source being used... Unless for some reason the Tivo doesn't display all the same choices as Zapit (even though they use the same company as their source); but I know of at least one Tivo that does (my friend's, who has no issues). Soon as I get home I'll try it out.

#25 ·
Guys:

I called one of my friends which happens to work at OL and knows and understand the problem... This is what's really going on... The 800's are encrypted digital channels which you will be unable to see unless you have a cablecard. OneLink is moving all their Basic channels to digital. TIVO already has recognized this change... in other words... you will be unable to see those channels in the 800's series unless you have a cable card or another box supplied by them (OL). I hope this helps...

#26 ·
Guys:

I called one of my friends which happens to work at OL and knows and understand the problem... This is what's really going on... The 800's are encrypted digital channels which you will be unable to see unless you have a cablecard. OneLink is moving all their Basic channels to digital. TIVO already has recognized this change... in other words... you will be unable to see those channels in the 800's series unless you have a cable card or another box supplied by them (OL). I hope this helps...
I've already said as much, however Onelink is still providing the basic cable channels on 1-99 and the card is an extra ~$7/month. It's an unnecessary expense until OL actually stops transmitting on those lower channels (or unless you actually need the card for premium/HD channels or for the digital ones after 100).

I've actually managed to fix this whole problem, no thanks to Tivo or OL. Details are forthcoming in another post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.