1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSA: I cannot stress enough how shady Comcast is

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by DJQuad, Sep 9, 2013.

1. DJQuad

DJQuad Poker Junkie

Dec 22, 2004
    Fort Wayne, IN
    So in a nutshell...

Back in April, I contacted Comcast about 1/2 of my TiVo HD channels being pixelated.

A Comcast rep came out and verified it and said it was due to water damage. He said someone would be out a few days later to fix it. A rep came out 2 weeks later and said it was due to water damage. I thanked him for telling me something that I already knew.

Long story short, they gave me date after date on when they'd be here and fix it. After every date I contacted them to report they missed the appointment. This happened 6, yes 6 times since April.

5 months later, they finally got their crap together and fixed it. I then inquired about credits on what I've been paying for since then.

So much for their "customer happiness guarantee".

If it's 1 missed appointment, it's a $20 credit. If it's 6 missed appointments since April about the same issue, it's still only $20.

The kicker is that since then I've been paying them for channels I wasn't getting. Their only "offer" was to temporarily give me a few premium channels. If I wanted them I'd already be getting them.

I cannot stress enough how shady Comcast is. They get away with this crap when there's no local competition and they have a monopoly.

Google Fiber please get here soon.

2. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Complain to the FCC.

3. consumedsoul

consumedsoul Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Out of curiosity how do Google Fiber monthly rates compare to Comcast/TWC/DirectTV in the markets that are available?

4. dianebrat

dianebrat drastically off narrative TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    The word you're looking for is "incompetent" not "shady"
    :D

They did not enter in to any of this with the express desire to give you poor service, it's just the way they don't care that gives you the end result.

5. DJQuad

DJQuad Poker Junkie

Dec 22, 2004
    Fort Wayne, IN
    What's shady is that #2 of http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/CustomerGuarantee.html simply isn't true.

6. DJQuad

DJQuad Poker Junkie

Dec 22, 2004
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm not sure but in Kansas City it's $70/mo.

7. DJQuad

DJQuad Poker Junkie

Dec 22, 2004
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Thanks, I did.

8. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    ...and there's a free Google Fiber that's IIRC close to the same speed as regular cable modem..