1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

promotions for transferring lifetime service

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by tvmaster2, May 9, 2014.

1. tvmaster2

tvmaster2 Active Member

Sep 9, 2006
    We have three Premiere's with Lifetime, none of which EVER lived up to Tivo's claims of fantastic software upgrades - they're sluggish and aggravating.

So I'm looking at the Roamio Plus, because the streaming thing seems interesting, but they are cost-prohibitive with Lifetime service added.

Question: has anyone ever hit on a promotion, or the right talking-point, and been able to get TiVo to transfer a Lifetime contract to a new, Roamio machine?

I gave it the old college try, but there were currently no promotions...any angles?

2. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Not likely. They only tend to offer such promos when trying to get owners of old units to upgrade. They had one a few months ago for owners of only S2's to upgrade. If you also had anything newer you didn't qualify. You aren't likely to get an upgrade offer going from a S4 to a S5. That's not how they make their money.

3. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Sell your lifetime Premieres to cover most of the cost of a Roamio with lifetime and two Minis with lifetime.

4. aridon

aridon Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Sell the POS premier boxes and go to ebay and pick up one of the "tivo coupon code" for huge savings.

5. Finalrinse

Finalrinse New Member

Jan 12, 2005
    S.E. Michigan
  6. tvmaster2

tvmaster2 Active Member

Sep 9, 2006
    the last two I bookmarked sold for just over $300 (I only have stock or 1TB drive updates).
    And the cable company slowly keeps catching up with their new, 6 tuner DVR. Sure, the software isn't as elegant - but they go out of their way to get you on-board.
    Next time I call TiVo I'll try and point that out

7. tvmaster2

tvmaster2 Active Member

Sep 9, 2006
    and that will simulate the three, Lifetime units I currently own?

For example, I could be recording six programs, simultaneously, while watching recorded material in all three rooms?

8. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Yes.

9. tvmaster2

tvmaster2 Active Member

Sep 9, 2006
    I do still have a couple of S2's with Lifetime, but from what you're saying, if you also have some Premiere's then TiVo isn't likely to offer you anything for the S2's, upgrade-wise?