1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Runway Season 10-Spoilers to Date

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Regina, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Jul 20, 2012 #1 of 284
    Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    Anyone watching? :)

First of all-Gunnar and Chris need to get a room! ;):D

So who is this season's COO-COO-Bananas? Kooan seems too obvious-I bet he's a fake-he is probably a classically trained actor and this is all for show! :p

I am voting for Buffi-she is COO COO Bananas for sure!

Ven and Christopher are my early favorites-some are saying Christopher is a one-trick pony a la Michael in Mondo & Gretchen's season, but I disagree, I think he has real talent, but he is full of himself, and freaks out under pressure. He needs to relax and get real.

I thought Lantie should have gone home, her outfits (both of them) were horrible-Beatrice's weren't that bad, boring, yes, but not horrible and ugly.

What do others think?

2. Jul 20, 2012 #2 of 284
    gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Sometimes these judges have no business judging!

[​IMG]

3. Jul 21, 2012 #3 of 284
    murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    I laughed when Heidi called Lantie out for doing the same look over and over. I would have sent her home first, but no biggie. She's not long for this world anyway.

4. Jul 21, 2012 #4 of 284
    Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I think this season has great promise and I loved the Road to the Runway special - really a great way to get to know the designers - except - say what?
    Mondo is casting the show now? WTF?
    [yeah i know i am sure he is not and the producers are but still - WTF?]

My biggest takeaway from Thursday?
    Gunnar needs to get a grip in reality.

5. Jul 27, 2012 #5 of 284
    jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    Gunnar promises to be great entertainment this season if he can stay around long enough. Loved the look on his face when his 'rival' won. (but WTF was up with that? I thought it was clear the other guy (with the "rose" blouse) was better :confused: )

6. Jul 27, 2012 #6 of 284
    sushikitten

sushikitten 143 down, ??? to go! TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    DC-ish Suburbia
    Recording but haven't watched yet...

7. Jul 27, 2012 #7 of 284
    murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Are you talking about the runway show or the candy challenge?

Suggestion: could the first person to post on a new week put something in the post title as a marker? And, if you are behind, say explicitly what challenge you are talking about? That would make it easier for people who are behind to come in later and read the thread.

8. Jul 27, 2012 #8 of 284
    murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    What a strong top three! I went back and forth on who my top choice would be several times over.

In Gunnar's favor -- the accessories. His look used the candy and materials from the shop from top to toe.

In Sanjay's favor -- loved loved loved the sharks in the neckline, and of the top three she used the most variety of materials.

But Venn's rose dress -- absolutely stunning design, beautifully executed, true to his design sensibilities, and he didn't just use the candy in its original form and glue it down.

My question of the season: how many of these designers are going to turn out to be one-note designers?

I love roses, but if we see roses every week, am I going to get really tired of them? Are the judges going to get tired of seeing them week after week?

The girl who only works in black had better turn out strong designs every week, because the judges all know that black fabric hides a lot of sins in construction. On the other hand, it also hides a lot of the detail in your work (see last week's black dress), so you can hide what's good about your work if you aren't careful.

I don't think the Russian girl with all the lines over her designs, whose work looks like some kind of body armor, is going to last much longer. But I'm glad they sent Lantie home. I was getting that "OMG, I could have done better than that!" feeling. I'm baffled as to why they put her in the show, unless she is there to be elimination fodder.

9. Jul 27, 2012 #9 of 284
    jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    This is why I don't like the "all season" threads :rolleyes:

I meant the Times Square runway show. :eek:

10. Jul 27, 2012 #10 of 284
    Ruth

Ruth Now with toddler

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    Yeah, we are still at the stage where it's just eliminating the dead weight. And there is so much dead weight that the woman with the Dots apron wasn't even in the bottom 3!

I loved both Sanjay's and Ven's dresses. I agree, it will be interesting to see if he only does roses or has more versatility. He does them really, really well though! Anya won with really only having one trick in her bag, so it's not necessarily a dealbreaker.

I recognize Ven's talent and his dress was beautiful, but I would have given the win to Sanjay.

As for Gunnar and his accessories, I have a really hard time telling when they are going to slam someone for being over-accessorized, and when it's going to be a plus.

11. Jul 27, 2012 #11 of 284
    betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I loved Ven's dress - it really did look like a stained glass dress. Beautiful!

I laughed when I saw the umbrella's in the shop. I knew someone was going to use them and get called out on it.

12. Jul 30, 2012 #12 of 284
    Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Is Gunnar for real? Everything about him to his name to his attitude seams to be a put on.

Elena is on the express train to Bootville if she stays so rigid. I love her aesthetic but it doesn't translate into a fast work environment with limited materials. She'd be awesome designing for Lady Gaga or Nicki Minaj.

13. Aug 3, 2012 #13 of 284
    Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    Lexus Challenge

Well, as Tim Gunn says, Pairs Challenges bring out character-I couldn't believe the backbiting with Christopher and Andrea! I did love the look on Heidi's face-she looked like she was watching 2 of her children fight! :p

I did appreciate Kooan's giving Gunnar the credit for the dress. Irina is such a b***h that I think her dress should have won. If SHE was pleased, then by golly, that is something!

So Andrea left in the middle of the night...more drama...I thought she was made of tougher stuff.

They edit the previews to make more drama, of course-but man, oh man-I can't wait for next week! :D

14. Aug 3, 2012 #14 of 284
    gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Thought for sure Andrea was going home. What was going on with the upper part of that dress? I also thought the white dress would win.

And for some reason Buffi reminds me of Lady Gaga.

15. Aug 4, 2012 #15 of 284
    DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Active Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    I thought they would bounce both Christopher and Andrea for throwing each other under the bus.

16. Aug 4, 2012 #16 of 284
    murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    What a battle at judges' panel. Not on the show, at my house. ;)

I thought Kenley's dress was stunning, and perfect for her. My husband took the 'it's not a red-carpet dress' position and stuck to it. But when you come down to it, it's the client's wish to wear something short, or not, and they delivered what she asked for.

IMHO, Kenley's dress also wins by the 'looks more expensive' rule. And really, it would bug me if a dress won where they had to tuck out a big piece of fabric before it went on the runway. No celebrity would wear a dress on the red carpet like that.

So I think the judges made the right choice.

As for the other dresses -- almost fell of my chair when someone chose silk charmeuse. Yikes. As you can see, it's beautiful stuff, but super-unforgiving. Not what I would want to work with under a severe time limit.

17. Aug 4, 2012 #17 of 284
    Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    I am sure they considered it, but decided to keep them around for post-throwing -each-other-under-the-bus drama. And boy, are they getting it! ;)

18. Aug 4, 2012 #18 of 284
    murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Let's say for the sake of argument that you wanted to keep the moral high ground and not throw your teammate under the bus. There is Michael Kors asking you what happened. What would you do?

I suppose you could list all the parts of the gown you had designed and built, and leave the judging panel to figure out whether the other person had been slacking.

19. Aug 5, 2012 #19 of 284
    Azlen

Azlen Active Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    Someone really needs to come up with a new phrase. "Throwing someone under the bus" has to be the most overused cliche in reality television.

20. Aug 10, 2012 #20 of 284
    betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    What a crazy episode. I have to say whoever it was that made that grey jacket that had shoulders that looked like it padded with football equipment needed to go home. Fast. I can't believe she didn't at least get in the bottom three.

I loved Sonjia's outfit and am glad that won and loved Dimitry's dress. I wonder if the judges realized it was just one seam.