1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Programs transferred from PC not grouping

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by David Knowles, Nov 2, 2012.

1. David Knowles

David Knowles Member

Apr 8, 2005
    Since the newest update, programs transferred to the Tivo are being listed just as "My Tivo Recordings" and not being grouped together.

I opened a ticket with Tivo. They had me uninstall and reinstall the Tivo desktop software, and reboot the box which didn't change anything.

This is the response I got:

I have gone ahead and reported this as a bug with the fall update, but there is one additional step to try if you don't mind. Could you test with the box for "Use fastest transfer for Premiere boxes" both checked and unchecked to see if it has the same issue? This option can also be found in the File > Preferences menu.

I haven't tried the last suggestion yet, but I will later today.

If anyone is interested, my ticket # is 121101-009009

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Suggestion to try "Use fastest transfer for Premiere boxes" is totally bogus since that only affects transfers from TiVo to PC, not the other way.
    One thing that will likely help if using auto transfer folder is to rename or create a new auto transfer folder name in which to put your videos.

If you are just pulling shows one by one then they should have at least the correct title name even though they don't group, at least they do for me using pyTivo.