1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

program search results fail to "select"

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by mhopper, Sep 20, 2012.

1. mhopper

mhopper New Member

Jul 21, 2012
    North Carolina
    Tivo HD OEM.
    When programs are "selected" as returned by a title search, the TIVO bonks (remote receive led blinks) as if an illegal command is entered and nothing happens. The record/season pass menu does not appear. Reboot does not affect situation. Removal of several Season Pass titles makes no diff (is there a limit?) in fail operation. This happens when searching for the new CBS series "VEGAS" but not others. No diff if pgm is off cable/tuning adapter or off air.
    Is there a new type of recording prohibition other than the no transfer imposed by (in my case) Time Warner?? Help, I am stumped.

Can't help but notice after numerous "looks" no one has seen fit to comment on this issue. Is my explanation unclear? Is this a common problem that many others have reviewed and thus a "dumb question?" Or does no one have any ideas at all about this anomaly?
    thanks

2. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Perhaps you need to power down the tuning adapter overnight, to trigger garbage collection, or maybe do a clear and delete program info and to do list, or a Kickstart 58.

What part, apprx., of NC?

3. mhopper

mhopper New Member

Jul 21, 2012
    North Carolina
    Thank you for your reply. I did those things as well. Even switched out the TA and the CC. No joy. --- BUT yesterday tried to set 'Pass for VEGAS again just for kicks and it worked normally. Guess time heals that wound at least.

I reside in Cleveland County, in Town of Earl, south of Shelby and west of Charlotte.

thanks again for the suggestions but I suppose any further troubleshooting of this problem will have to await the next iteration of the anomaly.
    mh

4. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Glad it worked out for you over there in Earl Owensby territory.

Sometimes it takes the TiVo a while to get it's ducks in a row.