1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Program my TiVo HD remotely?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by dgk, Apr 4, 2008.

1. dgk

dgk New Member

Mar 6, 2008
    Queens NY
    I'm a new TiVo user and was wondering how to set it up so that I can schedule it to record remotely. It's attached to my home network.

I was going to go through the TiVo site for help but I'm having trouble getting it today; it hangs halfway through the front page loading. So I ask here.

Oops, just realized this is the wrong forum but I can't delete it? Oh well.

2. TexasGrillChef

TexasGrillChef New Member

Sep 15, 2006
    1. TiVo.Com Online Scheduling. This will allow you to set a new program to record on your TiVo anywhere you have access to the internet. Only thing you can't do is cancel a recording.

2. Buy a slingbox and hook up to your TiVo. Then with Slingplayer on a computer, &/or Slingplayer on your telephone. You can set up your TiVo to record. Cancel a recording, Delete a show. and EVEN WATCH a show recorded on your TIVO ANYWHERE you have access to the internet.

I have the slingbox and love it. I can opperate my TiVo just as though I was at home sitting in front of it, from ANY computer that has access to the internet, OR my from my CELL PHONE.

TGC