1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Program an input toggle for denon?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by wkearney99, Feb 12, 2014.

1. wkearney99

wkearney99 Bill Kearney

Dec 5, 2003
    It's feast or famine with remotes, innit? Woe is usually not having discrete inputs on a remote. But not this time, my denon avr-x3000 does not have input toggle on it's remote. Which I'd need in order to teach my Tivo Roamio how to toggle inputs on the avr. All it has are discrete buttons for each input.

So, how do i get an input toggle into the tivo remote? Is there a known compatible code number to use in order to program the roamio remote without teaching it from another remote via IR?

I suppose I could jump through hoops and try and find one of my other universal remotes, the use that to teach the tivo remote. Trouble is they're all in boxes "somewhere" yet to be unpacked since moving. No doubt not with their paperwork, so that'd be a whole other digging adventure to find their codes too.

Somebody know if one of the pre-existing codes in the remote will handle this?
  2. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    I've got a used 3805 I got a great deal on a couple years ago and I fear that there might not be a single button that steps through the inputs, but with the 3805's weird touchscreen remote I can't really tell.

I've got a newer used Denon with a remote with buttons on both sides coming whenever my nephew comes back from college for a weekend (got it off Craigslist up there, local one sucks), maybe it'll give me some clues.

So first one to find out, let the other one know.