1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with with info bar in KidZone

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by adamwsh, Dec 12, 2010.

1. adamwsh

adamwsh Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Does anyone else have this problem...
    While in KidZone, the info bar will randomly appear/disappear for no apparent reason. It will happen a few times in a row, then stop for a while, then happen again. Doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason. Does not happen when not in KidZone. Happens on LiveTV or watching a recording.
    I wouldn't have a clue how to stop this or why it happens.
    Help!

2. emp

emp New Member

Feb 11, 2005
  3. adamwsh

adamwsh Member

Oct 22, 2002
    So really? No one else has experienced this? I'm very surprised. How could it only be my box? It only happens in KidZone.
    Anyone? Anyone?
    Bueller, Bueller?

4. adamwsh

adamwsh Member

Oct 22, 2002
    I'm still having trouble with this. Am I really the only one?

5. fuzyone

fuzyone New Member

Jul 31, 2007
    I know this is an old post but I am having the issue as well. I have 3 HD units. My oldest one I bought new many years ago and it did the same random title bar popup for a long time and then suddenly stopped. It has now worked for years without the issue. I just bought another identical HD one and set it up with Kidzone about a month ago. A few days later it started the dreaded title bar popup only in Kidzone. I just chatted with a Tivo rep and they have no clue what it could be. I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue in the past and has figured out how to resolve it. Of my 3 HD units I have kidzone on 2 of them and so far they are 2 for 2 on the issue. How can no one else have this issue?

6. adamwsh

adamwsh Member

Oct 22, 2002
    I wound up turning off KidZone. I never found a resolution. As I mentioned earlier, I can't believe there aren't more people with this issue. How can it be so isolated?

7. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    Maybe few people use KidZone?

8. DTxAg

DTxAg New Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Adam, I came across this thread doing a search for something else. If I remember correctly, this happened to me and it was fixed by turning off the "remote network control" function in settings (the one that lets you change channels, etc. via the Ethernet connection).

Not that it would help you, but in case it helps anyone else searching about the same problem.

Cheers!