1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem With Manual Record After SW Update

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by ADG, Nov 5, 2012.

1. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Last night I tried to set manual recordings for CBS on my Elite, which recently received the latest software update. The actual time was 7:45 PM. I tried to set the first recording for 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM. I received an error message saying the time for the requested recording had already passed. Clearly it hadn't. I tried a number of times and each time had the same result. I am certain all of the time "settings" (including "AM/PM") were correct (in fact, on the right side of the screen it showed the correct name of the program I wanted to record). Any thoughts? Thanks.

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    have you tried other manual recordings with the same result?

3. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Active Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    Probably a problem with the end of Daylight Saving

Just now, at 8:30 am, I tried to set one up starting at 10 am. It warned me that the 9 am recording had already started and asked if I still wanted to record. I selected "yes", but the recording did not start and shows in the To Do List as 10 am.

Definitely a problem if you want to set one up for something that has actually already started

4. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Yeah, I thought of that - but the Tivo does indicate the correct time.

5. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Yep, manual recordings seem to be broken. False errors if they're happening soon, or they might schedule for the wrong day if it's for a future recording.

It's just the one-off recordings. M-F scheduled recordings seem to work OK.

6. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Active Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    After playing with it a bit, the Stop time has to be 2+ hours ahead of current time or you get the "has already ended" message

7. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I set up some manual recordings last week during the hurricane. Those were scheduled after the start time and I didn't have an issue with it. But it was also before DST ended.

8. TerpBE

TerpBE Go Terps!

Jan 23, 2003
    Philly 'burbs
    I got the same message trying to set up a manual recording for 8:00-8:30 at about 8:05 last night. So I decided to try 9:00-9:30, and it told me that one ended too.

I think a programmer at TiVo thought it was "fall forward, spring back"