1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem transferring full version of show

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Joe Siegler, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Joe Siegler

Joe Siegler New Member

May 10, 2000
    Garland, TX
    I am running v2.83 of TiVo Desktop Pro. I use it to copy programs from my DVR, and use the 7 or 8 TB of storage I have on my computer as a place to keep programs, as opposed to the drive on the TiVo itself (which is much smaller).

I transfer things back and forth all the time. However, I've had issues transferring the Opening & Closing Ceremonies from the Olympics. I try, and they transfer, but they never seem to finish.

I've tried multiple times with the closing ceremonies, and it stops during the moment when the cauldron is lowered. It never finishes out. I can't figure out why.

Is it merely the length? I wouldn't think so, because I've transferred MLB games that are as long as 4.5 hours. I'm at a loss to explain why neither of these transfer properly, when other things do.

Suggestions?

P.S. My TiVo Premiere is hardwired into my router, but the desktop computer where I'm backing up to is wireless. This hasn't been a problem before.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    View the video on the Tivo where it stopped transferring and there must be some kind of glitch at that point. You can view past that point and pause it. Using the latest KMTTG, you can then transfer from paused point, using an option in the menu, I think its called "resume" checkbox.

3. Joe Siegler

Joe Siegler New Member

May 10, 2000
    Garland, TX
    There's no visible issue at that point in the show on my TiVo.

Also, no idea what KMTTG is. I'm just using the regular TiVo Desktop software.

4. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    LOL Just take a look around. :) The kmttg thread is the largest one on this forum and is rarely off the first page. At the moment I first viewed this thread the kmttg thread was just 7 entries down from your post. I think ThAbtO was suggesting you should consider using kmttg to address your issue

5. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    IMO, TDP is old school.

6. Joe Siegler

Joe Siegler New Member

May 10, 2000
    Garland, TX
    Maybe, but I've been using it for years in copying shows without a problem. This was the first.

Saying "use different software" really isn't any help.

7. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Toggle Fast Transfers setting to be opposite of what you have currently and try download again.

8. Joe Siegler

Joe Siegler New Member

May 10, 2000
    Garland, TX
    I had it set to "on". I turned it off, and tried again. Crapped out in the same position. I might try transferring it to my second TiVo, and then try transferring from there. See if it makes any difference. There's nothing at that spot on the show - I've looked.

9. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    Just becasue you don't see a glitch in the displayed video does not mean there is no glitch in the data.

TDT is such a lousy pile of crap I would be tempted to say it is a problem with TDT, but in fairness in this case I doubt it. If you can get the video to transfer from one TiVo to another then you might be able to transfer from the 2nd Tivo to your PC, but I wouldn't hold my breath. When encountering an issue of the sort you mention, better than 75% of the time the only recoruse was to transfer via tserver, but if your TiVo is unmodified, then that is not an option for you. You could try transferring via your favorite web browser, but franlky if TDT is failing, then I suspect it won't successfully transfer via your browser, either. It certainly won't hurt to try.

10. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Since you already have most of the program on your computer, use the 'transfer from paused point' feature to the 2nd Tivo.
    Pause the program just after the transfer stopping point on the 1st Tivo.
    Transfer from paused point to the 2nd Tivo and then from 2nd Tivo to computer.
    Use editing software on the computer to stitch the two back together.

11. Joe Siegler

Joe Siegler New Member

May 10, 2000
    Garland, TX
    I transferred it from my primary TiVo to my bedroom TiVo. That worked fine. No problem.

However, when I went to transfer it to my computer from the bedroom TiVo.. Same problem. Sigh. Oh well.

12. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    What about from your Bedroom Tivo to PC?

13. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    That is exactly what he said.

14. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    Did you try using a browser for the transfer? I find it unlikely it will work, but there's always a slim chance, and it won't hurt to try.

15. Joe Siegler

Joe Siegler New Member

May 10, 2000
    Garland, TX
    How do I do that? Is that standard equipment or is that something I have to modify my TiVo to do?

16. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Https:// --YourTiVoIP-- /Nowplaying/index.html
    User: tivo
    PW: your MAK

17. Joe Siegler

Joe Siegler New Member

May 10, 2000
    Garland, TX
    I didn't know they could do that. I just tried it on both my TiVo boxes, both of them said "Resource Not Found".

18. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Did you replace "YourTiVoIP" with your Tivo's IP address?

ie: Https: //192.168.1.110/nowplaying/index.html

19. Joe Siegler

Joe Siegler New Member

May 10, 2000
    Garland, TX
    Of course. I'm not THAT stupid.

20. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Hey, I'm just trying to help figure out what happened for you to get "Resource Not Found!", not being a wise-but.