1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem connecting - anyway to fix?

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by bradleys, Nov 18, 2013.

1. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    On a trip and using then stream in my hotel room... It was really working pretty well. Watched a whole show and the quality was great! Very usable...

Started watching the new Fast and Loud, watched for a little while and the picture froze.

Now I get a dialog telling me that there is a problem connecting to the stream device.

Asks me if I want to fix - of course that can't be done away from the network.

Does this mean I am done for the week? I know it's new, but I really hope TiVo improves the error handling on the OOH streaming. Kind of a waste that's the system is now bricked and it only Monday of a full week trip!

EDIT: I wonder if this is just a lost connection and the IOS app cannot see it at the moment. Given time, it will reappear and work properly.

I will keep coming back to test.

2. untfan

untfan New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Can you see the TiVo(s) on your network (i.e. browse my shows, etc.).

Have you tried disconnecting from the WiFi and then reconnecting - I have had similar problems with various IOS releases, and the WiFi disconnect/reconnect seemed to solve a lot of my issues. The severity has improved with the various IOS releases.

3. bradleys

Oct 31, 2007
    Yes, I can see the TiVo's and switch between them. I have disconnected from the hotel wifi to my LTE connection and I get the same error downloading.

Rebooted the iPad to see if that would help - no joy!

The app sees the TiVo's and all functionality works - initiate a recording, delete a recording, set up a season pass...

Just the handshake to the stream is broken.

Tried again this morning and have the same outcome.

4. bradleys

Oct 31, 2007
    New app update today... Still doesn't work, but I suspect I am going to have to be back on my home network to re-pair the stream.

A bust for this week, but I am hopeful they have identified some of the instability issues.

When it worked - it worked great!

5. MikePA1

MikePA1 New Member

Nov 15, 2013
    I re-paired from WiFi at work.

6. bradleys

Oct 31, 2007
    Not sure how you did that. Says it has to be on the same network to pair...