1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Auto-recording new seasons for HBO shows

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by bldxyz, Apr 18, 2013.

1. bldxyz

bldxyz New Member

Feb 7, 2002
    San Francisco
    Hi...

So, Game of Thrones and Veep are back.

My Season Passes for each show are not picking up the new shows. I have them set to First Run only, just like in prior seasons, and if I view Upcoming Episodes, it shows them all.

However, none of them will record automatically.

Any ideas? Do I need to delete the Season Pass and re-establish it?

2. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i noticed the same for nurse jackie - i was set up to record both new and repeats, last season's repeats were recording, but the season premier wasn't scheduled. i deleted the sp and rescheduled.

i hope this doesn't spread though every sp!

3. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    This is more likely NOT a TiVo issue.

The problem is probably with the way Tribune labels the new shows. This issue occurred when Top Chef's new seasons would have the name of the city in the title (Top Chef:Seattle, TC:Chicago, etc.). The new seasons were never picked up by the old SP!

Have you tried canceling the existing SP and recreating it?

4. bldxyz

bldxyz New Member

Feb 7, 2002
    San Francisco
    I think I tried deleting the old SP and recreating it in the past, but it annoys me that I have to do that.

Why do you think that's not a TiVo issue? My old TiVo was seamless in picking up new seasons. HBO doesn't change the name of their shows from season to season, so why wouldn't TiVo pick up the new seasons automatically? Plus, the View Upcoming Episodes shows all the episodes -- it just doesn't record any of them.