1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preventing Unwanted Recordings

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by pledge, May 2, 2012.

1. pledge

pledge New Member

May 7, 2010
    When programming a wishlist of "Action/Adventure," is there a way to prevent Tivo from also recording cartoons that also use the "action/adventure" in their descriptions? Example: I keep getting Futurama even though I've given it 3 thumbs down. I delete these cartoons every time, but they keep showing up. There are about 5 cartoon and/or kids programs that keep showing up like this. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. TerpBE

TerpBE Go Terps!

Jan 23, 2003
    Philly 'burbs
    Thumbs will have no effect. If it matches your wishlist, Tivo will record it. However, what you can do is add some "not" keywords in your wishlist. For example, add the keyword "Futurama". Then, in the list of keywords, highlight it and then hit the down thumb button until it has a "-" before it. This will now update your wishlist to exclude any programs that contain the word "Futurama".

You can try adding a (not) "Animated" keyword, but I'm not sure if the categories are in the relevant keyword fields or not. Worst case scenario, you could add a (not) keyword for each kids' show title you notice it recording. It could be a little tedious to set up at first, but each time you add a show you don't have to worry about it ever recording again.

3. pledge

pledge New Member

May 7, 2010
    Thank you for your expertise! I'll try that when I get home from work this evening.

4. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    That's what I had to do to get just the episodes of the various small claims court/judge programs with cases that involve pets. Every once in a great while I have to add new keywords with a - in front of them because the category is so broad.

5. Sylvia Caras

Sylvia Caras New Member

Jul 16, 2012