1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prep work for selling a Tivo S3?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Jeff Lam, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Jeff Lam

Jeff Lam New Member

Sep 5, 2003
    I am going to sell my upgraded Tivo S3 (oled, THX version) with lifetime. I have done a "reset and erase everything" on it but is there anything else i need to do such as remove it from my tivo account? My main concern is any personal info connected to it that is in Tivo's system and assigned to that specific unit.

So before it goes to craigslist or ebay, do i need to do anything to keep myself/my personal info safe from the new owner?
  2. lillevig

lillevig Hot in West Texas

Dec 6, 2010
    Go to Tivo.com and make sure that the two boxes along side that say "Video Sharing" and "Enable Video Downloads" are unchecked (find them under DVR Preferences). That should keep the new owner from using your Amazon VOD account (if you have one set up). You may also want to check your other VOD accounts online (like Netflix and HuluPlus) to see if they have any other requirements for divorcing the Tivo from your account. You don't necessarily need to call Tivo and tell them you have sold the box but it is a nice gesture for the new owner to have that previously called in. You should strongly encourage the new owner to transfer the box to his account because it will stay on you account until that happens.