1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premium Content?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by mykee50, Nov 12, 2013.

1. mykee50

mykee50 New Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Issaquah...
    Hello, I have a Roamio Pro and 4 Mini's on order. Due next week. I forgot to check if you can watch premium content (HBO, Showtime) etc. on the Mini's.

I have 4 independent TiVo's now and I know that you can't transfer shows like Boardwalk Empire between the boxes.

Just wondering... Mike :confused:

2. bbbbb

bbbbb New Member

Nov 12, 2013
    I watch HBO and Showtime on my Mini live and saved recordings without issues.

3. lgnad

lgnad Pantless Mofo

Feb 14, 2013
    Massachusetts
    Older units only supported MRV (Multi-room viewing) where the program was copied over to the other box.This would obey any copy restrictions on shows. Theres no drive in the mini to xfer to anyhow.

Just like between Premiers + Roamios, you watch shows on the Mini via MRS stream, where there are no restrictions on viewing.

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Inside your home you can stream any show, regardless of copy limits, to a Mini or an iPad/iPhone using your new setup. Out side your home you'll only be able to stream unprotected channels to your iPad/iPhone.

5. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    One exception where streaming in home doesn't work is for Amazon downloads. Those are restricted to be viewed only on the device they were downloaded to.