1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premiere XL4 and Mini connectivity question

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by maintainin, May 9, 2013.

1. maintainin

maintainin New Member

May 9, 2013
    Hi all, I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on a XL4 and mini to replace my two cable company provided crappy dvr's. I just want to confirm that i am un derstanding what I have read on connecting these two together. The XL4 will be in the living room. I happen to have my incoming cable, cable modem and router right next to where the XL4 will be. The incoming cable is on a splitter, with one split going to cable modem and other to dvr. In the bedroom I don't have any Ethernet connections, just the coax cable going to the dvr. So if I understand right, all I would need to do is plug the XL4 into the router(with of course the coax going to XL4) and the mini into the coax cable in the bedroom and these will communicate? I don't need to purchase a moCa adapter to make these work together? Thanks so much!

2. Krellion

Krellion ...

May 17, 2002
    Hampton, VA
    Both the XL4 and Mini have MoCA built-in, so you're good to go. Just make sure to have the XL4 configured to bridge its ethernet and MoCA connections so the Mini can see the rest of the network.