Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by sar840t2, Nov 24, 2012.
I still see it, but, for whatever reason, I am still on 20.2.2
Still getting the issue. What's odd is that last night, it would not tune HGTV HD no matter what. The Tuning Adapter status showed that tuner 0 was "tuned", but everything else (or almost all the settings) were blank or: NA
This morning it was tuned.
When I tuned to it, all I'd see was a black screen with the "pause" button in the bottom.
It NEVER does this on the non-Premiere units I have (I have 3 TivoHD without major issues although occasionally get the "channel could not be tuned, press Select" issue that happens with the SDV channels).
I'm about ready to call Tivo and cancel my service and go to the nasty TW DVR. Better to have a crappy DVR that records stations vs. a Tivo that won't record things because it cannot tune.
Hello. We are having the same issue on our XL4.
Call Tivo and open a trouble ticket.
Thats the only way Tivo software engineers can keep track of these problems and research fixes.
Tivo is supposedly working on this issue, at least on the four-tuner boxes. A representative posted the following:
I'm not convinced that is the same issue. The issue I described in this thread can be fixed by changing channels, and doesn't appear to affect any tuners that are being used for live TV or for recordings. The issue(s) people are talking about in the "Losing all channels" thread appears to persist until you reboot - much more of a problem than mine.
Oh, and to close the loop somewhat, I *did* finally get an email from TiVo in response to the ticket opened on my behalf by the disappearing Jacob (Jake?), telling me my boxes would receive a fix, but to the best of my knowledge I still don't have the fix and am still on 20.2.2-01-2-xxx.
I'm having the same problem, where when switching tuners, the TV screen goes blank. My work around has been cycling the TV and receiver.
Today, I also noticed the video, but not the audio cutting out when trying to watch something through Netflix.
I have a XL4. I suspect it's something with the HDMI video.
While that may be prudent, the problem is that tech support will tell you all sorts of stories like:
1) It's your power outlet
2) It's your cable strength (it's either too weak/too strong)
3) Reboot your Tivo
4) It's the HDMI cable
etc etc etc.
I, for one, don't want to spend an hour on the phone going over stupid things that have nothing to do with the issue just because Tivo support has a script they have to follow.
I have an XL4 with Time Warner and the dreaded TA, and I have the same issue. I called Time Warner and they said to replace the TA, Go Figure...
Since DVR Diagnostics said "not tuned wrong ta state" for the tuner that was having the problem at the moment I agreed with them at first, but after digging into the multiple threads on this issue I don't think the TA has a thing to do with it.
I'm going to replace the TA to humor Tivo support, but I have no confidence it will change a thing.
This morning both of my TiVos proudly announced that I had received the "Fall 2012 update". I'm sure I got that already last fall (20.2.2-01).
I'm now at 22.214.171.124 (which is what TiVo support promised me in December). Maybe they did another small update and forgot to change the title for the announcement. Maybe since I was on the "priority" list for the real Fall 2012 update I got a preliminary version when it was originally released and they only just caught that. Who knows.
Anyway, maybe this will fix the stalling (which was still happening on 20.2.2-01 as recently as yesterday).
The "-01" is not part of the release number. (Doesn't it now show 126.96.36.199-01 for you?)
I did get the same "Fall 2012" update today. This what most people got months ago. It's been so long that I can't remember what gets changed but I don't recall it being anything I cared about.
I did have the "stalling". It didn't particularly worry me but I'll watch to see if I still have it.
Some TPs still had 20.2.2 and some had the full 188.8.131.52, all my TP-4 have 184.108.40.206 from the time I first set them up. I went to the TiVo priority list and for my older TP-4 (Oct 2012) I was told that it was already on the list, my two newer ones went on the list without problems.
Ignoring the -01, both TiVos went from the old Fall 2012 version - 20.2.2 (*) to the new Fall 2012 version - 220.127.116.11.
* I can't be sure of the previous version, just going by what I entered in my original post, but I am positive that previous version was the Fall 2012 version we all were excited about in the fall (I forget what was so exciting now).