1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premiere SDUI clear-button deleting

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by schwinn, Nov 29, 2012.

1. schwinn

schwinn New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    I switched to the HDUI for a while, but ended up switching back to SDUI for various reasons.

Now that I'm back in SDUI, I notice a weird new behavior when using the clear button to delete programs.

In the past, you could press the clear button, and delete the selected program, then the cursor would automatically move down to the next program and if you press clear again, it will delete that. This made for a fast way to delete items "in a row".

Now, after returning to SDUI, the behavior has changed. Now, when I press clear, it deletes the selected program, then shifts the cursor down one line. BUT, when the deleted program clears out, the program list shifts "up" one row, while leaving the cursor in the same location. The result is that the cursor is no longer on the next program, but the one below THAT... ie, two rows/programs down from the deleted file. This makes deleting a list of multiple sequential programs VERY annoying.

So, first question - am I the only one seeing this? Second... is there a way to fix this?

I have rebooted the Tivo a few times, and it has not fixed the problem... any other ideas?

2. schwinn

schwinn New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    This change was INTENDED? If so, I must ask - why? What is the benefit of doing things this way, versus the way it's always been?

3. indyrobb

indyrobb Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Indianapolis...
    I'm not sure it truly was intended or not - I do know it's an annoying change and seems more of a bug, at least to me. I'm pretty sure something like this happened a few years ago on a release, and was quickly changed back within a few weeks.

4. schwinn

schwinn New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Agreed, I would expect it to be an "unintended" change, but when Jake from Tivo said it was "intended" that surprised me... I can't imagine why anyone would WANT this behavior. That's why I asked, and wondered what's missing.

indyrobb, if you agree this is a problem, I suggest you can submit a "feature request" as well, as I have done. Hopefully the volume of such requests will help.

Incidentally, is there a "bug reporting" link? I agree, this seems more like a bug, not a feature... and I'd like to see it reported as such, instead of a "feature request".