1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premiere Fall Update 2013

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by tlw_2, Oct 19, 2013.

1. tlw_2

tlw_2 New Member

Apr 12, 2008
    Signed my box up requesting the 2013 Fall update.

Anyone received it yet? Would like to know version #.

tw

2. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
  3. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    Once it is released, you are sure to see several threads talking about it. Rest assured, it will not be without both praise and critics and will not be released quietly.

4. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Yep, pretty much guaranteed they'll fix some stuff, add some new stuff, and break other stuff and/or ignore stuff that's still broken.

It's the Tivo Way.

5. GameJerk

GameJerk New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Any idea what this update will be fixing?

6. MeInDallas

MeInDallas Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    Supposedly one thing will be the "no suggestions" issue people have been having.

7. Curt

Curt New Member

Oct 26, 2003
    Eastern...
    Set your expectations low and you won't be disappointed.

8. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    I'm at a loss for what exactly the update is supposed to bring since I've heard no specific information on the exact date of when it'll be rolled out, unlike the update for Roamio that got pushed out on October 17th with a great long changelog. There has been a vague mention of an improved Netflix application somewhere online, but of course without that Premiere specific changelog it's all going to be speculation. If this is supposed to be the exact same update for the Roamio why wasn't it released on the same day? Does TiVo need these extra days to screw it up so we'll be disgusted and purchase Roamios?

9. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Northern...
    Why would Margaret post a change log for an update which isn't out yet?

Via various back channels, I can tell you it'll bring DTA, more HD screens, a variety of bug fixes. I'm well over 50/50 new Netlifx, Youtube, and DIAL will make an appearance without the Roamio UI elements expected next year. I'm sure there will be other and more detailed info available when the time comes.

10. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    Dave, so we can know what to expect and look forward to and know what is going to be fixed and what is not, instead of us trying to figure out what they fixed and didn't fix, and what was broken and what wasn't broken like we did for the 20.3.1 update. How good are your back channels? I saw your page about the update and the twitter post about the Roamio UI coming in 2014 but I don't know if it's gonna come for retail units or if it's just going to be for MSO units from RCN. I don't want to get disappointed, ya know? What is DIAL? What bug fixes specifically are going to be fixed? Are they going to fix the dang program description truncation or bring back the motherboard temperature degree symbol or the many other things they broke in the 20.3.1 update?

11. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Northern...
    Margret has confirmed a few fixes along the way, just not in a list. If this release really does include Netflix and YouTube updates, they may also be planning a press unveil of some sort. Likewise, my Spidey sense is signaling out-of-home Roamio streaming is a lock for this month. Just a question of this week or next.

12. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    So you want to ***** about what is not included sooner rather than later? That makes no sense to me but you can request anything you like. :)

Margret has done a great job providing us a sheet of notes upon the initial priority release. Your complaints seem premature, as there is nothing to indicate this will not take place this time around.

13. DCIFRTHS

DCIFRTHS I dumped SDV / cable

Jan 6, 2000
    New York
    I signed up for the release. Do you know if there is an official thread regarding the sign up?

14. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    Thanks for the info on the release. Is there any word on fixes to TiVo desktop for MACs? Can't display my photo library on Premier. Get database error and have rebuilt iPhoto libraries, repaired disk permissions, etc. to address possible problems on the MAC end.

15. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    :rolleyes: Still waiting for release notes on 20.3.1 to see what they added to justify all that they broke.

16. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    TiVo Desktop is a separate product and has been stale for quite some time. If they are working on an update, which I doubt, then it's unlikely to coincide with a software release for the TiVo itself.

17. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    Anyone get this yet?

18. NotNowChief

NotNowChief Addicted to TiVo

Mar 29, 2012
    New York...
    If it doesn't include DTA I'm going to be very disappointed...again.

19. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I suspect the day it starts rolling out, there will be several threads...

20. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hopefully one major thread by Margret with a list of bug fixes and added features. One can only hope. :)