1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premiere Changing Channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by JSearfoss, Jun 22, 2012.

1. JSearfoss

JSearfoss New Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Wellsboro, PA
    Has anyone seen this problem ? Last night my tivo was recording 2 movies. One on Sci-Fi and one on USA. I was watching the tuner that was on USA. When the movie ended and the recoring stopped the tivo switched the channel to TNT. When I pulled up the guide it still parked on the USA channel. If I press the button that swaps tuners it will switch to the other tuner (Sci-Fi channel) and then switch back and its back on the USA channel. This has happened quite a few times even when only one tuner is recording, but I thing it only started happening since the last update. I tried rebooting but that hasen't helped.

2. wtkflhn

wtkflhn Member

May 12, 2006
    Metairie, La
    I still an Series 3 guy, but when you did the reboot, did you power the unit down to reboot? It gives a better boot, than just using the reboot on the menu.

Don H.

3. Cspot

Cspot New Member

May 25, 2001
    SW Ohio...
    Yep, started with the update a couple of weeks ago, and was not fixed in the release that came out a couple of days ago. When a recording is finished it dumps to a different tuner, but TiVo still thinks you're where you were.

4. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    What cable system are you on?