1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premiere 4 Keeps Crashing

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by nyjack, Jul 6, 2013.

1. nyjack

nyjack New Member

Mar 9, 2013
    My Premiere 4 started crashing (re-starting) last week. It would still be under warrantee except I upgraded it to a 2TB drive myself as soon as I got it (March, 2013). I think it is crashing when I press the TiVo button (but not every time; I can't intentionally reproduce this) to look at My Shows but it may have done it on its own a couple of times. I am using the HD menu. Does anyone have any advice for me?

2. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    There are lots of threads on troubleshooting, and a nice sticky on steps to take to resolve. (see Troubleshooting your Tivo, its a bit aged but most problems start and stop with the hard drive)

For you, I would suggest first putting in the original drive and see if that fixes things. You can also run a detailed scan for the upgraded drive on your PC to see if it has problems. Other suspects are a cablecard that may need to be reseated or the power supply.

3. WO312

WO312 Active Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Finger...
    I have a P4 with a 2TB drive using the HD menu and several times it spontaneously rebooted on me within the space of a couple of weeks. I went back to the SD menu and it hasn't happened since, well over a month or more.

I guess I will go back to the HD to see if it starts again. There are some things about the HD that I like.