1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premier streaming is choppy

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by radtechy, Dec 6, 2012.

1. radtechy

radtechy New Member

Aug 16, 2008
    I'm having this issue when trying to stream from one premier to another premier.

The source is hard wired Ethernet cable and the destination is wireless g adapter.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    Since Wireless G is in the picture, that is most likely the problem. It needs a higher bandwidth than what the G can supply.
  3. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Switch to wireless N.
  4. radtechy

radtechy New Member

Aug 16, 2008
    Looking at this router any good? Or any known issue with TiVo capability?

5. sharkster

sharkster Active Member TC Club

Jul 3, 2004
    I use wireless N with my Premieres (wireless N router, wireless N Tivo brand adapters) and I find that streaming from the bdrm Tivo to the living rm Tivo is usually flawless, but streaming from the living rm Tivo to the bdrm Tivo is almost always skippish - to the extent that I just end up giving up within a few minutes.

Neither is that far from my router. Same Premiere Tivos and all the same equipment except the TVs. I wish I knew what it was.

But, from what I learned before I replaced my old S2 Tivos (which were wired together for MRV) to the new Premieres, early this year, 'N' is definitely the way to go. I just wish I didn't have this problem on one end, because I cannot figure out why it happens.
  6. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    Since one of the Premieres is hard wired, have you considered switching the wireless one to MOCA and using the wired one as a bridge? I don't know if this will work with your current cable setup but it might be worth investigating.
  7. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator TC Club

Apr 17, 2000
    I agree. MoCa is a much better option. If that wont work I'd look into using AV500 powerline adapters. Both will be more reliable then wifi, even wifi N.