1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premier & Elite Units Losing Cable Signal

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by BH9244, May 7, 2013.

1. BH9244

BH9244 Member

Feb 10, 2009
    I have two Tivo units in service an elite 2TB and a Premier Standard which was upgraded to a 1 TB drive. On a reoccurring but infrequent basis (perhaps once a month roughly ) one or the other will seemingly stop receiving its cable feed, no error msg occurs but when you attempt to watch live TV on any channel the guide info is displayed but no audio or video signal, as a result scheduled recordings do not take place. A simple reboot of the tivo returns everything to normal. My suspicion is that this is a Cable Card Issue, wondering if others have experience this problem and if there is a fix for it..

My Cable Provider is TimeWarner..
    Thanks

2. scole250

scole250 Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Goldsboro, NC
    Do they ever fail to tune when using the remote or is it only a blank screen when you go to live TV? With SDV cable, which Time Warner uses, I wonder what happens when your Tivo is tuned into a SDV channel, then TWC decides to move it to another frequency. Does the cable card and tuning adapter automatically sense that and re-tune? Other thought, tuning adapters run hot and problems have been reported due to that. I have mine set so they are not directly sitting on the Tivo. Instead they are either standing on side of TA with an inch of space on either side for air flow or have it sitting on a cool pad.

3. waydennis2

waydennis2 New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    My wife called me and our 2 Premier have been doing the same thing. Yanking the cable card fixed the channels, but it happened again. Just restarted one to see if that has any effect on the issue. Seems to have started after the last update.