1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premeir not seeing wireless hub

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by saramj, Dec 10, 2012.

1. saramj

saramj New Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Jersey
    I am not sure where to place this question so here goes.
    My old linksys "G" router died after the power surge from Superstorm Sandy. Before the storm I had the linksys router connected to my cable modem in another room. I purchased Netgear WN 2000RPT Universal Range Extender containing a 4 port hub as a wireless hub and wired my TiVo into that. Everything worked great. The Hub saw the wirelss router and the TiVo saw the hub.
    Yesterday, I purchased a new Netgear Dual Band N600 WNDR 3400 router and set everything up. All of my wirelss devices see the new router and work great and according to the indicator lights on the hub it sees the wirelss router. The TiVoHD in the room with the new router is plugged in directly and works fine. I have used the same SSID and Password on both devices. All of my wirelss PC's and iPhones can access and log into the internet through the Extender. However the TiVo, even though it looks like it was assigned an IP address 192.168.1.5 cannot access the internet. I contiue to get a message stating during configuring that the network cable is unplugged and I cannot access the internet. Also, the TiVo runs very slow now and trying to click through the menus can take minutes. I did not makes any changes to the new router and accepted all defaults including the SSID and password. I did change the SSID and password on the extender to match the router. The security protocol the SSID and the router use is WPA2 (I hope I am stating this correctly).

2. lillevig

lillevig Hot in West Texas

Dec 6, 2010
    San Angelo, TX
    Have you tried rebooting the TIvo? Have you tried setting the Tivo to use a fixed IP address. I had an S3HD that refused to work on my system when I set it to get an IP address via DHCP. In general, it is a good policy to set non-mobile devices like Tivos to use fixed IP addressees.