1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power supply cable

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by Hurricane350, May 11, 2014.

1. Hurricane350

Hurricane350 New Member

Dec 25, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Ok, somehow in our move I managed to lose the power cable to the TiVo mini... Now I know it is 12v 1a but what I don't know is the barrel size of the adapter. Does anyone know this spec? I'm looking online and most are 2.1mm, is this the correct size?

And I know TiVo sells replacement cables...just don't want to pay $25 when I can pay $5 :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

2. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    Radio Shack comes to mind, if you take the adapter to them, they have collection of reference plugs. Just because you go there doesn't mean you have to buy their solution. That one of the few uses that radio Shack still handles well is the adapter plugs.

Myself I just try similer ones until they match making sure the polarity is correct first with a volt meter but positive is typically the inside contact.

Another option is to call Tivo, they might just send you a replacement at no cost. I have seen others post that after moving they lost the remote control dongle and after calling Tivo, they recieved a free replacement.

3. Davisadm

Davisadm TiVo is awesome!!!!!

Jan 18, 2008
    SoCal
    I agree, try calling TiVo. I know instances were they have sent replacement power supplies at no charge.

4. Hurricane350

Hurricane350 New Member

Dec 25, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Thanks for the suggestion everyone, called TiVo and they are sending me one out free of charge!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk