1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Outage during Clear & Delete Everything

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by RobertTLax, Jun 22, 2013.

1. RobertTLax

RobertTLax New Member

Jun 22, 2013
    I had started a Clear & Delete Everything on my TiVo Series 2 when the power went out to my house. When it came back on the TiVo would not start, and flashes the red record light.

I assume I need to reload the system image. I have another TiVo Series 2 with a different size HDD. Can I make a backup of that system image and restore it to the damaged TiVo? Any other suggestions on where to get the system image and do this myself? Thanks.

2. ggieseke

ggieseke Active Member

May 30, 2008
    There are tons of links to S2 images in the Upgrade forum. If the other S2 you have is the same model and an equal or smaller hard drive you can use WinMFS of MFS Live to back it up and restore to the other one.

Otherwise, just find an appropriate image for your model number (which you didn't specify) and start over from scratch.

3. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    What if any screens are displayed during the failed boot process?

Is only the red LED flashing or do the other (green, yellow) LEDs come on at all? If not you may have a Power supply failure.

What caused the power outage?