1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Just a note that the site indexes are still building. Until they are done, anything that uses search will be affected such as normal search, post history, etc. It works from the oldest post first and is building forward in time. We could have waited for it all to be done, but hey, who uses search anyway? :)
    Dismiss Notice

Post your best Roamio price deals here

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Rebate_King, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Rebate_King

Rebate_King New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    lets keep one thread going with price deals on the Roamio units. I'm sure there are a lot of folks like me who are on the fence waiting for a price drop to pull the triger. I bought two premiere units on first day of launch 3 years ago. With all the pain that brought on, I've sworn to never pay the premium to be a beta tester.

So far I believe the best deals are from weaknees. $40 off the Pro model (couplon code Roamiopro) and $25 off the Plus model (coupon code roamioplus). and I believe weaknees has no taxes (for most) and free shipping.

Alright...Post your best deals! :)
  2. tmagnum000

tmagnum000 New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    weaknees has tax in CA
  3. Loach

Loach New Member

Jan 11, 2013
    I foresee crickets chirping in this thread for a long time. There's just too much early adopter buzz and corresponding demand for sellers to be motivated to offer much in the way of discounts at this point. Heck, there aren't even very good discounts on discontinued Premiere stock at this point.
  4. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    For now that is the best Roamio deal, and Amazon is the best deal for the Mini (that I found) $89 with free Prime shipping.
  5. gsusser

gsusser New Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Hi, who/what is weakness?

I called TiVo yesterday and they offered me $50 off. I've been a customer a few years. I called back today and no discount! What's up with that? Procrastination penalty? -)

I'm in no rush... do prices typically drop and, if so, after how long?
  6. larrs

larrs Movie Fan-Addict

May 2, 2005
    Problem is going to be that the prices of used Tivos, even the lifetime ones, seem to already be taking a hit. In fact, I may just scarf up another Elite (XL4) and wait on the Roamio. I don't really have an issue with the Elite and until there is something that sets it apart rather than speed, I am OK taking a few extra seconds to search, etc.

Series 3 (HD, not OLED)- several went for $200-250, was over $300
    2 Tuner premieres went for a low of $325 or so up to just under $400 on average
    4 Tuners are still holding a bit better but a couple went for the low $500s

The real problem is that TONS are not selling at all at traditional prices from a month ago. The Roamio may be taking a toll on the resale market.

When early demand cools, I hope there will be an upgrade program.
  7. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    That's what happens when you have a product alot of people want. That was not the case when the Premiere came out. So the S3 lifetime boxes still commanded a premium for a while. But that is definitely not the case with the Eilte. Plus whatever they sell for on ebay $500 or $550 you need to deduct $50 to $65 in fees from that price. I think even before pay pal fees. Which is why I would rather sell it here or somewhere for a lower price and just have the Paypal fees. But I will put my elites on Ebay if I need to, it's just more work.

Fortunately I'm not in big rush to sell my Elites, so I haven't dropped the sale price much. But at this point, non ebay, it seems like $450 will be around the top end sale price for a lifetime Elite. But for me if I can cover 75% to 80% of the cost of my lifetime Roamio Pro with the sale of my two lifetime Elites I will be more than satisified.
  8. series5orpremier

series5orpremier New Member

Jul 5, 2013
    There was $50 off a base Roamio and $80 off a Stream on Tivo.com with promo code GROUPER (effectively a free Stream if you buy both in the same order), but now it looks like GROUPER is no longer valid.
  9. hfcsyrup

hfcsyrup New Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Yes, my listing on ebay for a premiere 4, new, w/lifetime got no bites at 475+35 shipping, so i took it off and think i will just use that for now. maybe pick up a mini and sell my s3 and hd. i need to go look at what the difference between a 4 and roamio plus is...other than speed and obvious lack of future updates.
  10. dkk17622

dkk17622 New Member

Dec 15, 2008
    I paid $394 for a Roamio Plus from solidsignal, which includes shipping. Since I am in CA, this was the better option compared to weaknees, where I would have to pay a large sales tax, resulting in a total over $400. The only thing is that I have to wait till next week to receive it because their boxes are on back order right now.
  11. donnoh

donnoh New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Good luck with SS. I ordered a Pro, which when I ordered it they said was in stock. 5 days later I cancelled the order because they had no clue when they would receive them.
  12. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator TC Club

Apr 17, 2000
    I got an email from Weaknees this morning saying that there was a delay in their Roamio shipments and my Pro, ordered last Thursday, wont ship until tomorrow. I'm not in a huge hurry anyway, so I'm OK waiting, but I was hoping to have it this week. Probably wont have it until Monday/Tuesday now.
  13. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    I got the same E-Mail, O well this Roamio is for a friend so it does not matter much, he now has 6 TiVos and is going to one Roamio 6 tuner and 5 Minis, will save him $40/month in cable card rent and use a lot less power.
  14. bdspilot

bdspilot New Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Roamio Pro from Weaknees: $560 (ROAMIOPRO)
    Lifetime Service from Tivo: $400 (PLSR) Rollover promo, have to buy from 3rd party. Still working on 29th
    3 yr Warrenty: $40 (Seems cheap for $1000 worth of equipment and service)
    Total: $1000
  15. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    That's me to a tee. I see NO reason to upgrade based on slightly better speed (matter of opinion) and promised features that who knows when they'll become reality. And I have NO desire to stream my content to small screen devices...
  16. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    I would not use the word slightly for the speed improvement as the HDUI speed is no longer any issue when using the Roamio. (There is no longer any option for the SDUI on the Roamio, no need)
  17. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    ...and, as I said, it's a matter of opinion. I don't consider it an issue with the XL4. Some of us are just more patient than others....
  18. tom22

tom22 New Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Very true.

get this ; )
    ... it is more than utility of going quicker for me:

IF there is any lag between key press and screen change I feel like it is a personal insubordination by my device.

If I swing a hammer, it damn well hits the nail head when my arm tells it so...

.. lag just strikes me as a tool having a life of its own.. and living a Malingerer's life at that.

Pet peeve of mine about many aps these days.. they act like I need to have a purpose to jump back and forth and seem to ask "why" if I tell them to go out and water the grass in the rain. I might be testing the water pressure, not trying to get water on the grass and I don't need to explain my motives ; )

Immediate reaction helps me think of the machines being tools that don't require "interaction" but are just wielded.

Just putting that out there in case there are any UI experts (especially those that might be involved with next gen Windows) reading the thread...

... and for humor's sake.
  19. bmgoodman

bmgoodman New Member

Dec 20, 2000
  20. worachj

worachj Active Member

Oct 13, 2006