1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible fall bug: unable to delete episode from other premiere

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by mr_smits, Nov 15, 2012.

1. mr_smits

mr_smits New Member

Dec 17, 2009
    I've experienced this once on a Premiere streaming from another Premiere (both have the priority software updated).

After completing a show, I try to delete the episode. It did not delete. My spouse also tried to delete the episode but it did not delete -- or at least appeared to not delete.

I'll update this thread if I notice it happening on other streamed shows.

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Is the other TiVo playing that episode or is it paused on it? My wife has this habit of always pausing the TiVo on something before she turns it off. When she's using my TiVo she just picks some random show from the list. If I later try to watch that episode remotely, either from my other TiVo or from my Stream, it does not delete when I'm done even though it offers the delete option.

Dan

3. mr_smits

mr_smits New Member

Dec 17, 2009
    That's a good question. I'll test it out. Like I said, I haven't run into this problem before, and I stream from Premier to Premiere quite a bit.

4. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    I use MRS every day between my Premiere & Elite (both with updated software) and have not run into this problem. In fact even HDUI "Stop & Delete" option which didn't always work properly before now seems to work reliably every time for remote unit show delete.

5. dsnotgood

dsnotgood New Member

Aug 25, 2010
    try resetting both boxes. also maybe something gets stuck with the show and it doesn't delete

6. jfh3

jfh3 New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    I think Dan has it exactly - this is how it works if a show is being played/paused on another TiVo on your network. It would be nice if TiVo could put up a warning window saying why the program can't be deleted, but that's just fit and finish polish.