1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor out of the box experience

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by mattack, Dec 16, 2013.

1. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
  2. AdamNJ

AdamNJ New Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Dunellen, NJ
  3. razor237

razor237 Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Jackson, NJ
    Thats Defiantly strange looking. I dont know if they have the free trial service any more but i dont know i just added service to my roamio before i even booted it up.

What SW version do you have now?

Have you tried to add a Monthly plan to your account for it and then make some connections to have the box reflect you have service ?

4. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I explained all of that in that report. Yes, it had updated.

I already subscribed it. I just am trying to describe how it's REALLY poor UI and makes the company look bad. Compare it with the out of the box experience of an S1.. at least using the internal analog tuner, it's night and day. The S1 was way more polished (but yes, slow as dirt as soon as you added a hard drive to it).

Also, at the moment, if I try to download a show to my iPad, it shows up as "To Be Scheduled" or whatever the generic term is.. Even though it shows up fine BEFORE I hit the Download button.

MAYBE this is because I currently have a Tivo Stream AND the Roamio Plus connected at the same time, but I think it should be smart enough to deal with this (it seems to be, since the iPad app knows about/deals with multiple streaming devices.. I will eventually sell the Tivo Stream)

5. chrispitude

chrispitude New Member

Apr 23, 2005