1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Polyamory (SHO)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by KRS, Sep 6, 2012.

1. KRS

KRS Mmm...invisible cola

Jan 30, 2002
    Franklin, MA
    My wife and I recently came across Showtime's reality show Polyamory. It follows two polyamorous groups, a "triad" consisting of a married couple and their girlfriend, and a "quad" of two married couples living together.

What a weird group of people. In the quad arrangement, one of the husbands is a total perv, pushing his wife relentlessly to let him hook up with her girlfriend (outside of the 4 people in the quad). The wife of the other husband is so neurotic and awkward about the whole arrangement, that you have to think she grudgingly goes along with everything in order to stay in her relationship. For a show about relationships with multiple sex partners, there is very little that is sexual about any of the four.

The triad almost seems normal by comparison. My main question is how did the Pauly Shore look alike guy manage to get two attractive women. The girlfriend of the triad couple is clearly insecure - she proposes to the couple and wants them all to get rings tattooed on their fingers because, as she says, you can't "just take a tattoo off."

It is an interesting show, and it really underscored the feeling I got when watching HBO's drama Big Love (about one guy with several wives): being in a relationship with more than one partner seems like a HUGE PITA! :D

2. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Ha! Pauly Shore lookalike guy! I never thought of that. He's kind of cute in a way, I suppose, but maybe not enough to get two hot chicks.

The only person who really creeps me out on the show is Jen. She is an odd duck. Joins a poly and seems to have all her own rules for everybody. She needs to either relax or get out of the group, IMO.

I watched the entire season and enjoyed the show. I never saw anything here on it, so I just figured I was the only one watching. Wonder if there is going to be a season 2. Now, after 'The Real L Word' is season two of 'Gigolos'. Love both of those shows too.

3. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Yeah he has it rough, with a hawt Mary Mccormack and Sasha Grey lookalikes as partners. :)