1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll:Best Big Brother or Survivor (or other Reality Show) player ever!

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Steveknj, Aug 26, 2013.

Best BB or Survivor (or other) reality player ever

1. Boston Rob (Survivor)

40 vote(s)
    46.0%
  2. Dan (BB)

16 vote(s)
    18.4%
  3. Dr. Will (BB)

11 vote(s)
    12.6%
  4. Russell (Survivor)

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. Mike Boogie (BB)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Richard Hatch (Survivor)

6 vote(s)
    6.9%
  7. Parvati (Survivor)

6 vote(s)
    6.9%
  8. Evil Dick (BB)

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Other

4 vote(s)
    4.6%
  1. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I only really watch those two (and TAR, but I'm not sure there were ever GREAT players there), so I'm basing my choices on those two shows.

Qualifiactions:
    1) Player should have made it to the finals of their season(s)
    2) Bonus points for winning

Other than that, whatever you think?

2. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I don't watch BB so this one was easy. Boston Rob played a perfect game of Survivor. He and Ambuh were playing a very good TAR game too until they were eliminated in a needle/haystack challenge.

3. Crow159

Crow159 Winter is Coming...

Jul 28, 2004
    Abingdon, MD
    Boston Rob, hands down.

He's the best Survivor player in my opinion. Played a strong physical game and had a great social game, enough to get to the finals of the All Star edition and winning the Redemption edition against people that knew what he was capable of.

Big Brother, which I watch and enjoy, is more a social game. The toughest physical thing they have to do is some endurance comps. Survivor has to do the same thing with very limited food. Add in that on Survivor they can't just lounge around in the hot tub or the hammock when they get tired, I just think Survivor is the more challenging game. So again, Boston Rob is the best.

4. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I've never watched BB, but in the Survivor universe, Sandra Diaz-Twine is the clear winner. She's played twice and won twice. Hard to argue with that.

5. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I give Hatch some props for winning the original game before alliances from day 1 became the norm.

6. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Wow... I've watched every Survivor season starting with 2, and I didn't even remember her. I had to google her to remind me and I STILL don't remember much about her. I'm not saying that doesn't make her the best, but a pretty forgettable contestant.

I don't watch BB, so I can't pick from that pool.

I'd throw Ethan Zohn into the mix. He had both a great physical and social game in Survivor: Africa, a particularly harsh Survivor season as I remember.

I also have a lot of respect for John Cochran, who despite his lack of physical prowess STILL won Survivor: Caramoan through pretty much pure strategy, and winning the non-physical challenges when he had to.

7. MonsterJoe

MonsterJoe ♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪

Feb 19, 2003
    Central MA
    I watch both.

Dan. No discussion.

8. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I haven't watched much Big Brother (part of season 1, all of season 2, all of season 5), but I have seen enough that I did see Dr. Tattoff (I mean, Dr. Will) and Mike Boogie play.

My vote goes for Boston Rob. I think he has the social chops to have done very well in BB of the seasons I saw. I am not sure about now... it seems like all reality shows, the casts are skewing younger and younger. Although he did manage to assemble quite the crew of young ladies in his last Survivor season, so maybe he'd do ok. :)

9. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    My only issue with Boston Rob is that it took him FOUR tries to win the game. I know a lot of people say he "won" All-Stars because his sweety won the game and he was #2, but, I don't think he wins regardless. He played a nasty, Russell like game and pissed off too many people. Was he doing Amber's heavy lifting? Perhaps. But that's part of the game. Get someone to do your dirty work while you win.

In RI, when he finally won, he was smart enough to align with those people who were goo goo ga ga over him, and were just too scared to make a move. Had that been an All-Star season, it never would have worked. Of course he might have played a different game.

I voted Dan. I think he just made so many smart moves the first time around and was so creative in his game BOTH times around that he gets my nod. Dr. Will might be the best social player in either game. Boogie winning the second time around with Dr. Will basically knowing he had no chance, so he played for his friend Boogie to win.

10. MonsterJoe

MonsterJoe ♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪

Feb 19, 2003
    Central MA
    People who don't watch both shows are compromising the poll.

If it's just "Who is the best player from your favorite Reality Show", it should be multiple choice. :)

11. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Well I opened it up really to any reailty show in the vein of those two (i.e. competition where someone is voted off each week). If you want to include a TAR team or heck, even Summer Camp if you watch that on USA this summer.

12. MonsterJoe

MonsterJoe ♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪

Feb 19, 2003
    Central MA
    I'm just teasing because Dan is the man.

13. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    I vote Dan only because with feeds you can see the machinations develop and can only wonder at awesomeness of his strategy.

14. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Even without the feeds, you can see what he's trying to do.

15. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Its the difference between viewing snapshots of an artist painting and watching the whole process.

16. MonsterJoe

MonsterJoe ♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪

Feb 19, 2003
    Central MA
    Season 10 was a good season.

17. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    It seems like there are more people that just watch Survivor than those who just watch BB, so that's why Dan--the best ever--isn't winning. ;)

18. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Active Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Near...
    He's not my favorite player, but Richard Hatch gets my vote. He wrote the book on alliances.

19. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    FYP ;)

I've even felt the producers had a hand in that one.

20. Dnamertz

Dnamertz New Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Exactly. BR played 4 times, while Dan only played 2. In both his seasons Dan made it to final two, and won one of those time. But aside from that, he made moves that were a million times more impressive, and manipulative than BR ever made.

I also have to give a nod to Russell. Even though he didn't win, he did make it to finals twice and he actually got someone from the other tribe to give him an immunity idol. Not someone from his own tribe, but someone from the OTHER tribe...that was unheard of. Plus in his 1st season his tribe was outnumbered 8 to 4 going into the merge and his tribe made it to final four. Not to mention when he handed out two idols to Parvarti and someone else in the same tribal council...that was classic. He also was the first (and the master) at finding hidden immunity idols without even waiting for the clues.