1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plus/Pro using wifi to create moca network?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by AdamNJ, Dec 14, 2013.

1. AdamNJ

AdamNJ New Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Dunellen, NJ
    Can you have a TiVo roamio plus or pro (which has the ability to create a moca network with internal hardware) and have it connected to your network via wifi only, but create a moca network for other devices like a mini to use?

I originally expected the answer was yes and told others on the forum the answer was yes; however, I think that some people said it was not possible. I looked on the TiVo website and it seemed to indicate that ethernet was necessary to create moca. However, I don't see why using Wi-Fi would not work to create a moca network as the Wi-Fi would only be used for Internet connections and the moca/coax wire itself would be used to transfer live TV / recordings between TiVos.

Has anyone used the built in wireless to create a moca network for other devices?
  2. s10023

s10023 New Member

Nov 12, 2013
    doesnt seem to be possible. i have a roamio hooked up to my wifi. when i try to enable the moca to connect a mini to it, i get an error telling me that the roamio cant be using wifi.

i havent tried this but you can probably use a wifi->ethernet adapter to make it work.