1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plus/Pro using wifi to create moca network?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by AdamNJ, Dec 14, 2013.

1. AdamNJ

AdamNJ New Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Can you have a TiVo roamio plus or pro (which has the ability to create a moca network with internal hardware) and have it connected to your network via wifi only, but create a moca network for other devices like a mini to use?

I originally expected the answer was yes and told others on the forum the answer was yes; however, I think that some people said it was not possible. I looked on the TiVo website and it seemed to indicate that ethernet was necessary to create moca. However, I don't see why using Wi-Fi would not work to create a moca network as the Wi-Fi would only be used for Internet connections and the moca/coax wire itself would be used to transfer live TV / recordings between TiVos.

Has anyone used the built in wireless to create a moca network for other devices?
  2. s10023

s10023 New Member

Nov 12, 2013
    doesnt seem to be possible. i have a roamio hooked up to my wifi. when i try to enable the moca to connect a mini to it, i get an error telling me that the roamio cant be using wifi.

i havent tried this but you can probably use a wifi->ethernet adapter to make it work.