1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Breaking News - Word is the sale is coming back... "Our “once in a lifetime” PLS promotion was such a hit, that we’ve decided to launch it again! It will be announced today that the PLS Transfer Sale will be available again for the last 3 days of the month. This will include the BOLT+ 3TB, and 4 refurb units (BOLT 500GB, BOLT 1T, Roamio Pro and the TiVo Mini)."

Planned updates

Discussion in 'VirginMedia TV with TiVo - UK' started by °Keir°, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. °Keir°

°Keir° New Member

Feb 25, 2011

2. smokie

smokie New Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Useful post Keir, thanks. As I haven't "noticed" you before can I ask what your role is in VM and whether the above can be taken as official?

And while I understand the reasons for not allowing shows onto the home network, is external storage (presumably encrypted) going to be implemented?

3. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    Thanks so much for that. Good stuff!

No mention of either USB keyboard (wired or wireless) or Bluetooth remote in that list. Anything in the road-map on these?

There's only me here, so individual folders aren't required but I wouldn't mind being able to make a folder, say, all FILMS to do in; or WISHLIST items.

4. mikerr

mikerr TiVoCentral.co.uk

Jun 2, 2005
    Up North
    You can do that now, a wishlist for films (say KAM 1) will create a folder and put all films recorded in it (even those not directly recorded by the wish list):
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=8413683#32

5. Brangdon

Brangdon New Member

Feb 9, 2001
    Nottingham, UK
    I would hope that the iPad app would also offer superior text entry. And I hope there will be version for Android tablets and phones.

It's weird how they restrict their folders. Their mention of family members bothers me, because it sounds like it still won't allow arbitrary folder naming and moving.

6. Moe UK

Moe UK New Member

Nov 26, 2009
    West London
    Glad to hear that the VHD will be Tivo'd, hopefully this will allow streaming from the main box and that I could set a recording on guide form the VHD box and Tivo will record it. That would the perfect set up.

Nice to know that the Sky channels will be in the video window as well.

Any idea when the menus that are in SD only will get a HD version?

7. VirginMediaPhil

VirginMediaPhil New Member

Nov 27, 2009
    UK
    Oops I forgot to post my post I wrote before I linked to this on Cable Forum.

Thank you very much for all the information, great to see some of the limitations like the Sky channels in guide being lifted. Also, reminders! Yay!

8. howardmicks

howardmicks VM Tivo User

Feb 13, 2011
    PRESTON
    Was hoping they would sort out the option for suggested programs in hd if available rather than sd

9. Buzby

Buzby VM Tivo & S1 User

Feb 21, 2011
    Scotland
    Q.When will we be able to transfer content to a computer?
    A. This will not happen to contracts and copy right laws we have with our content providers.

Forget a competing computer - what about a portable device, as service already offered by TiVo in the US. I'd like to spool off some programming to watch on the train when I'm away from home.

Lastly, still no mention of the PIN protect disablement, which is seriously making me doubt my sanity at the number of times and innocent programmes it blocks.

10. OzSat

OzSat Very Nice Moderator

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Even the S1 style - PIN entry enables for a timed period would be better.

11. Halifax81

Halifax81 New Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Cardiff
    Yes much needed function in my opinion I cringe when I see a suggestion recorded in sd which was also broadcast in hd

12. royfox

royfox New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    Thanks Kier for the update. There is one question Id like to ask if possible.

Q. is there any chance the guide data UI can be the same, visually as the S1?

13. °Keir°

°Keir° New Member

Feb 25, 2011
    You're welcome guys, I'll ask your questions on Monday for you and post back in here when I've got more info. [​IMG]

14. VirginMediaPhil

VirginMediaPhil New Member

Nov 27, 2009
    UK
    Will the guide data for 'New' episodes only be sorted, as apparently some shows have the US premiere dates and not the UK ones.

15. Karnak

Karnak 'Local'

Jan 13, 2003
    I too would like it if the old style over-layed TV guide could be brought back. Given this is available on the TiVo premier in the US this should be possible. Asked about this in the VM forums but got no answer.

Also want to throw my weight behind the suggestion for android remote applications.

16. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle Geek

Apr 1, 2002
    Manchester
    Well if they enable the ipad version by simply enabling the tivo API that it uses on the US Tivos then android apps should be simple enough (and AFAIK there are a number already).

Of course they could do something wierd instead...

17. Manster62

Manster62 New Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Sussex, UK
    I hope that this doesn't mean that we won't get any red-button functions for BBC until the Olympics in 2010?? The red button interactive services are badly needed for those of us that watch sports multi-screen etc.

18. The Wishlist

The Wishlist VM TiVo Blog

Dec 7, 2010
    Any chance you could also ask about filtering Wishlists to the channels set as favourites?

As mentioned by other posters on here, Wishlists need some kind of filter since we don't get the option to remove channels on VM TiVo.

19. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    Seconded. If my wishlist for "Films: Musicals" was set to auto-record I would have three copies of "Mary Poppins" recorded earlier from BBC1, BBC England, BBC Scotland, BBC Wales, BBC1 AD..... etc. :mad::(

20. nbaker

nbaker New Member

Sep 28, 2002
    Lincolnshire...
    And we desperately need the old style guide filters back, the current ones are pretty useless and I have to resort to online tv listings such as http://www.filmflow.tv/.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.