1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Placement of IR eyes

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by gelbers, Aug 26, 2013.

1. gelbers

gelbers New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    Does anyone know where to place the IR eye for my universal remote on the new tivo roamino? The rep told me right side of the box, but i cant seem to find the right location. thanks

2. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Active Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Often you can see them by shining a bright light at the front, sometimes the ports show up with enough illumination (a powerful LED flashlight is usually perfect).

3. gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I'm having trouble with this as well. No matter where I move the emitter, it doesn't seem to want to work. I know the IR works, because I can use an older TiVo remote to control it. I think I may have to jack up the strength of the emitter.

4. shfawaz

shfawaz New Member

May 12, 2004
    On the basic Roamio, I placed mine near the center above the TiVo character logo and to the left side of the logo. Works great.

5. gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Jacked up the IR strength, and it's working perfectly now. It's definitely very finicky about the placement, though. You have to have the emitter in the exact right spot.

6. ckelly33

ckelly33 Member

Oct 29, 2004
    I have the plus and placed it over the yellow light. Perfect.

7. Sep 2, 2013 #7 of 12
    gelbers

gelbers New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    anyone know where to put it on the pro? still struggling with this. thanks.

8. Sep 2, 2013 #8 of 12
    ckelly33

ckelly33 Member

Oct 29, 2004
    I would think it would be the same as the plus (see my list above)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

9. Sep 3, 2013 #9 of 12
    Icarus

Icarus New Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Upcountry...
    I just connected my pro, didn't work near the yellow light, but it worked just under the tivo logo in the middle.

Couldn't see any sensor with the flashlight.

I know, I need some more velcro tape. :) I must have some around here somewhere.

-David

Attached Files:

10. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    The IR receiver on the Roamio Plus is just to the left of the TiVo logo, facing the box.

11. Rkkeller

Rkkeller Active Member

May 13, 2004
    It's also very low on the box to the left of the TiVo logo. I had one open last night.

12. TrackZ

TrackZ Member

Jan 5, 2004
    MI
    How are you configuring the box to use an ir emitter? It's only seems to want to configure kinect. I'm not using kinect right now but I want to set up the emitter to my TiVo. Thanks.