1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pixelation only on one channel?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ahwman, Sep 6, 2013.

1. ahwman

ahwman Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I've noticed that I'm getting some pixelation and a lot of RS uncorrected errors only only on one channel (Golf Channel HD) - signal strength 85 - SNR 35 which is right were most of my other channels are. I have absolutely no RS uncorrected errors on any other channel and very low RS corrected errors. My thinking is that if this were a problem with the cabling in my house that this would show up on more than one channel. Could it be possible that these errors are actually in the transmission stream itself? I'm just not sure where to go from here...

Any suggestions?

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    I can't think of any other source than the distributed signal itself, given your perfectly acceptable sig strength and SNR. Cabling/connector problems should show up as low sig strength. I would complain to your cable co. Assuming this is a channel that you watch a lot, and they can't fix it, you have good grounds for requesting refunds, continuing until it's fixed.