1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Piers Morgan

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by megory, Jan 27, 2011.

1. megory

megory Advanced TiVoOligan

Jan 22, 2003
    BH, South...
    How do you all feel about this guy? How about his show?

What did you think of the clips of him, asking the Kardashians if their breasts were real?

2. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Didn't see it but I'm sure he was just havin' some fun. It's not like they're dignitaries.

And yes I do like Piers. Anyone's an improvement over Larry King.

3. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I'm a big Howard Stern fan. I recorded the show where he was on Piers' show. I kept thinking about watching it for a week and ended up just deleting it.

I have no opinion of Piers as I know nothing of the guy. I guess if I didn't watch the show with Howard on, I probably won't ever watch it. I never once watched Larry King either, so it isn't a big change for me.

4. andyw715

andyw715 Active Member

Jul 31, 2007
    what what did they say?

5. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    The only thing I know him from is the Celebrity Apprentice. I found him occasionally amusing but mostly an obnoxious ass.

6. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    I just wonder what CNN is going to do when there is something resembling "significant news" - Larry King's show would talk about the news item, but it seems that Piers' show is just pre-recorded interviews. (Of course, something like State of the Union just pre-empts Piers like it pre-empted Larry.)

-- Don

7. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    I've watched the show twice: Howard Stern and Ricky Gervais.

He asks good questions, but constantly interrupts the guest when they're trying to answer. For the questions I really wanted to hear the answers to, it was very annoying.

8. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I think Piers Morgan is a dick.

I have fastforwarded him almost in his entirety on America's Got Talent and I wouldn't watch this new show if you paid me. His faux feud with Madonna is a desperate cry for publicity - like she would wanna be on his show anyway? Not.

9. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    I like him and his show. I never heard of him until he was on the apprentice and I didn't like him at first, but then I found myself hoping that he'd win.

10. retrodog

retrodog King Button Pusher

Feb 7, 2002
    At the gun...
    I don't think you're using that phrase correctly. Well either that or your confused about punctuation.

I always thought Piers was more of a Simon Cowel wannabe. Which isn't aspiring to much.

I never watched Larry King Live so I doubt that I'll watch the Piers Morgan version either. Well that and the fact that my guide data never tells who will be on the show. Bleh!

11. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    So far so good.

The clips are obviously teasers to get people to watch.

The only full PM Show I saw has been with Ricky Gervais, and I enjoyed it. I saw parts of last night's show with the Osteens (a televangelist couple I was not aware of prior to the show), and I liked that PM would challenge them on some things (e.g., calling Elton John a sinner because he is gay). Osteen said that he doesn't judge people, and PM said that Osteen DOES judge people when he makes statements like that, as the Osteens have many followers who are influenced by their words.

I never cared for PM on America's Got Talent, and can't stand Trump so I didn't watch him on The Apprentice, but PM has apparently paid his dues in the industry and is a good interviewer, IMHO.

12. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze On my best behaviour

Nov 1, 2002
    La Cheeserie
    Concur.

13. rifleman69

rifleman69 Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Oregon
    He's boring. (Only because his commercials said don't call him boring)

14. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I believe "Cowel" is spelled with two L's = Simon Cowell.

15. rahnbo

rahnbo Active Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Florida
    I like Piers OK based on what I've seen on AGT and Celebrity Apprentice. The problem is so far he has only had one guest on that I cared to watch (Stern). That show wasn't even that good because it seemed like Morgan was trying to pick a fight with Stern which I'm sure Piers would have lost. I do have a low priority SP for the show but usually I find out who the guest is and just delete it. If he gets some guests I care about then I'll most likely watch.

16. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I like him, and there's a podcast of his show (I had been recording it, transferring to computer, and converting got audio before I found the podcast).

17. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo New Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    He'd have to improve to be a dick. Mostly he's just a talentless hack. I have no idea how he's made it in any business much less being on camera.

18. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    FYP. ;)

19. zalusky

zalusky Active Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    Well the bottom line is he has persuaded all these people to give him jobs for good money for many years so I think he has some talent.

Perhaps you just don't like British abrasiveness.

20. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    If I weren't constantly reminded of Simon Cowell I think I'd like him better. I always get the feeling he's trying to be another Simon. I also think he OFTEN crosses the line of good taste and/or manners. Simon could pull it off because Simon isn't acting and he also mixes it all up with a good dose of charm. I also tended to agree with Simon most of the time, not so with Piers. Piers has all of the abrasiveness with none of the charm. Not a fan, but I'll still watch him.