1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture in a Picture

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by The1cartoonkid, Jun 26, 2006.

1. The1cartoonkid

The1cartoonkid The1cartoonkid

Feb 9, 2003
    California
    I would like TIVO to offer picture in a picture feature.
    NOT WITH TWO TUNERS!
    I would love to freeze a recorded show and watch live TV as it is being recorded by TIVO. and then swith back to the taped show.
    Or Watch a recorded live TV show and freeze a PIP of what is on the current TV channel and view the TIVO menu.
    New TV do this feature with the aid of two tuners.

I think it would only be a minor software change. TIVO remote has the PIP button on it.

2. dirtypacman

dirtypacman Coming and going

Feb 3, 2004
    MA
    Most of what you asked can already be done by any current tivo.
    You do need a TV capable of multipule inputs or a VCR in the mix but thats it.

The only thing that cannot be done is recording 2 live shows and switching back and forth on them.

3. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I'm thinking what cartoon kid is getting at is the Tivo unit doing the PIP with a TV that doesn't have PIP capabilities. I too would like this feature if possible. On to Tivo suggestions...!

4. MonkeyHouse98

MonkeyHouse98 BOL# 8100

Jun 24, 2006
    It sad that they include the 'window' button on the remote but they really can't do it. It would be nice to have the window be a mariad of things such as recordings, live tv, or guide and some other video. Perhaps this feature is close at hand.

5. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    There could be an off chance new video decoder chips could do PIP.

6. DrewTivo

DrewTivo Member

Mar 29, 2005
    At a minimum it would be nice to have live tv remain while in the Tivo menu. Easily done with PIP--make it small in the corner, and then you can access the menus to, e.g., set up recordings, read messages, and so on. No need for a second tuner.

7. romeoz

romeoz New Member

Jan 31, 2005